X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
    Am I the only one without any problems?
    No, I also have no problems .

The reason I (would) prefer DirectIP is simply that getting into the game is faster - no logging into GameSpy and sorting through the lobby.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I had no problems so far. It is going too smoothly...

Comment

• Email notifications are apparently still not working.

Comment

• Yes, I know. I think our e-mail server is eating them.

Comment

• What's it set so, forbid all outgoing emails mode ?

Comment

• Okay, now I get stuck and time out at contacting host...

Comment

• Originally posted by alexman
                Yes, I know. I think our e-mail server is eating them.
                Perhaps other network elements of yours are eating incoming connection attempts?

Comment

• Looks like Blake's AI has evolved and taken over the Firaxis network .

Comment

• Originally posted by vondrack
                    I have just tried to connect to see if I can spot any pattern... I let the connection time out four times - and finally connected on the fifth try. This would be a pretty poor result under my "standards"... it seems that if I back out of a connection attempt that doesn't work within the first three runs of the progress meter, I will get in faster than if always letting the process reach the timeout message.

Bruce, try connecting and if you do not connect "fast" (say, first 2-3 runs of the progress meter), click on "Go Back" (lower left corner) and immediately retry from the lobby.

This helps me - perhaps it might help you, too?
                    This is what I have been doing. I get tired of that ugly guy flipping his sword, and then occasionally looking under his shield.

Going back to try again, now.
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Hm, now it worked for no reason.

Comment

• 12 attempts. All failed, quoting the "host".

Hope my city is growing nicely.
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Alex, is there any Pitboss logging available that would allow us to find out what the problem is? Like if Beta's connection attempts ever reach the Pitboss server?

Comment

• Alex, I don't know what to do about the checksum issue ... if uninstalling, deleting, reinstalling doesn't fix things, what else can I do??
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Snoopy, in my case the patch 2.08 installer was confused about where Warlords was installed (actually that's kinda understandable since i had like a seperate 2.00 version installed and stuff), so instead of doing something sensible (like asking) it just installed the patch to the WINNT folder (really wtf?). I copied the files from there over the Warlords install and everything worked fine. So you might want to do a search for "CvGameCoreDll.dll" and see if there's one in a strange place.

Comment

• Beta, are you having similar problems when trying to join any other MP game?

Snoopy, if you have uninstalled both Civ4 and Warlords, then deleted any files still left after uninstalling, you should not be getting a version mismatch. If you are, you are installing a different version from the rest of us (either Civ4 or Warlords). Perhaps you can get detailed step-by-step instructions from Blake, vondrack, Gyathaar, or Solver who are in the same situation as you are, but have succeeded in installing properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X