Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No oil for barbs! No oil for Barbs!
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
      And since we are so low in numbers and it seems I'm the permanent person to do the turns and reports maybe you can help me by not expecting frequent reports, but log in yourself time to time and take a look (just be sure you don't change a thing). If you want to log in and don't have the pw yet send me a pm.
      I would still like the ability to log in as then I could at least post some sort of update. If this thread isn't updated then there really isn't jack **** for other people to do. In the beginning I remember you saying you'll be the only one left after everyone has stopped posting, well, if the thread doesn't get updated on a regular basis then there is nothing for them to do so no wonder everyone would leave. It's just common sense to me.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I said everyone who wish to know the log in information should send me a pm. I'm sending the info to you now.

Comment

• Thank you.

Comment

• We are currently rush building forges, sending out missonaries to get the +25% building production bonus asap.
            I thought maybe we should send the land area data from demographic screen to the maya: if they want a "fair" deal then let it be, our land is 6th in the planet (which I don't understand why btw, we have about average number of cities and most of them inland, but anyway)
            Don1t worry too much about stats being low for now, our cities are small after slving andwe've just built 4 new cites in the last 10 turns.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0271.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	9094978Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0270.JPG
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	9094976
            Attached Files
            Last edited by mzprox; March 24, 2013, 04:19.

Comment

• I'll try to login and make some pictures of the game this evening. So far I haven't got it to work though. BTW it just seems like the other countries got better starting conditions and went full boar towards spamming out cities faster. We're at a do it or just give it up point in the game. We either grab everything we can right now or settle for not getting it. Yes, it's not a convenient time for us to do so but it is now or never.

Comment

• As I have heard Maya has a big land near the zulus as the zulu are small and slaved all their cities to attack India. They are just greedy.. but if they box us we will have to consider the war path eventually.

My biggest concern is still RB. (I heard they got a nice land, partly taken by brave expansion from the natives, they got a good barbarian city early and what else..) Our position is good to get liberalism and/or Economics, but RB's GNP is too massive yet we can't allow them to take those, along with Taj Mahal.
                After a long planning I think the best if we try to bulb Education, the second half of it (as one great person is not enough), but for that we would need an other great person fast. Now it takes 30 turns to get a great scientist at 100% chance, which is too long. I will try to get the next great person in 18 turns, but that means we will have only about 70% chance to get it, the other 30% is either a great engineer or a great spy. the final decision has tobe made 10 turns later we will see what RB is doing by then.
                Right now we are researching paper, we will get it in 3 turns, then we can build the Sankore University in the capital, provided we can get the stone from HRE. I have sent a letter to them asking if it's possible, no answer yet.
                After paper we can discuss where to go next, probably iron working or calendar or we jump to Education.
                The colussus will be ready in 4 tuns in Ankara

map trade: as soon we wil be abe to trade maps I suggest we offer such a trade to cfc and only them:
                reason we have good relations, we don't have common borders and we can make an agreement with them to not give away these maps to anyone else.

Comment

• Mz, I sent you a PM as I'm having trouble logging in. I believe I am not installing the mod correctly or something.

As for the tech path, that sounds ok and a smart move wonder wise though if the Maya attack us we're ****ed. I guess we're ****ed if anyone attacks us so why not keep risking it and see if we get the wonders?

Comment

• if anyone attacks us we are f...ed, but we will make sure that they are f..ed as well.

HRE offers us the stone for 10 gold/turn, that's minimum 100 gold, quite expensive :/. I try to haggle a bit, but I think we should accept and try to make the most of it.

Comment

• Always check civstats before you try to log in, the game is often down recently.

Comment

• a few shots from current turn:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0272.JPG
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	9095028Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0273.JPG
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	9095029Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0274.JPG
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	9095031Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0275.JPG
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	9095033Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0276.JPG
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	9095036

As you can see Maya has built acity close to izmir and again they refused to accept our border proposal.. I fear this will lead to a war between us as we really don't have more valuable land to expand.

Our even bigger problem is RB, which hs entered into a golden age, having 6-700 research point/turn and probably will going to research nationalism and build taj mahal too, and then take liberalism aswell.

The colosssus will be ready in 2 turns.

I managed to get a better offer for the stone, so we will pay 7 gold/turn and build the Sankore in our current capital.

In the meanwhile Aurora started to work n the paalce so soon we will relocate our capital and we will have much better commerce in the new spot.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• It should be assumed that the Maya are hostile now as they're deliberately pushing far north in an attempt to cut off our cities from the rest. War is unavoidable and we need to switch to war fighting techs.

Comment

• Hrm. Most unfortunate. Rather then fighting RB - we're going to get dragged into war with the Maya. I suggest holding off war with Maya until we can build up a devastating invasion force and squash them.

Is it possible to meet with them and offer them a peace treaty? We can pull a Hitler on them.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Obviously we're not going to attack them without building up especially since we don't even have iron working or archery while they have god knows what. The real question is are they going to hold off on attacking us? We don't even have much of a population to slave if they attack nor do we have any effective units to build because we've completely ignored the military side of things.

Comment

• We do have the ability to refocus things along those lines. As I said, we should pull a Hitler. Being pansy-*** *****es, offer up peace or whatever. Make 'em think that we are weaker than we actually are while we get our **** together.

Comment

Working...
                                X