No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In fact if the Aztecs have a coastal city maybe we could trade. ?
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• This is a difficult decision:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0199ciit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	516.5 KB
ID:	9094491

remember , we are building the hangign gardens, the stone would double our production, we would need the wine too so our cities could grow even better.

place 1 is the best short term city without stone
      place 2 might work if we chop a library fast

we could even try settling on the stone if we wanrt to concentrate on wonder building.
      Attached Files

Comment

• I 'd go for 3.

Comment

• I'd build closer to our capital to lower maintenance costs and just keep rolling out to the east with new cities. As long as we get CoL soon we can keep it up.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• My vote currently no. 1.
            We lose the extra poduction for the hanging gardens, but that city will bring us more gold, and we need that.

Btw about our current research plan:
            we are at 0% percent research and collecting money to do alphabet and currency in one go.
            The benefit of this approach is that when we resume researching we will have 2 more libraries and hopefully a ready second academy (or we will be close to have it).
            We will get to currency in about 13-15 turns. after that getting CoL won'tt be hard.

Comment

• I'd go with one as well with a second city south of it to grab the stone while a third city closer to the capital but on the coast. Eventually that coastal city would also grab the sheep.

Comment

• Just an update about our empire:

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0202.JPG
Size:	395.5 KB
ID:	9094527Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0203.JPG
Size:	344.4 KB
ID:	9094529Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0204.JPG
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	9094531

Our chariot in the west is exploring the shores in hope that we can estblish trade route at some point.
                Our cities are growing nicely, research is still on 0% we can probably resume researching in 7 turns. We will have a new great scientist in 8 turns.
                in the east our workers are preparing for the arrival of the settler. the road will be ready and also we will chop that forest before founding the city, it's still 9 producion in the closest city.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Two screenshots from the current turn.

One just showing the level of maintenance in even Istanbul.
                  Two showing HRE/Unversciv, number of cities
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Because of the way war is managed with the Apt Mod and how the Inca struggle to get agreement amongst themselves on courses of action, thus going down to almost the end of the allotted time, the game is dragging.

Frustration with the time taken to complete a turn seems to be evident with some teams.

Comment

• few notes: so HRE has 2 more cities, but 15 less points, so probably they are too struggling with technologies.
                      next turn we will have our 7th city and two turns after that we will have wine connected, and it will be needed right then.
                      We started to build the great wall in Istanbul, but only as a placeholder..we get money when someone else finishes it and we don't really need anything in that city.
                      Our military is very weak now, we have only those troops which are absolutely necessary to keep maintenance low.
                      As soon as we have enough money to get alphabet/currency in one go we will start researching again. (that's about 4-5 turns)

and yes the game is too slow.. inca alway waits for the very end to end their turn..if ever.

Comment

• Well our chariot on the west continued exploring and guess who they met: a fast moving promoted Quecha warrior. Now how did that warrior get there.

I think it's very possible that it was moving east from Inca territory, meaning we will soon meet the eastern edges of the Incan civ, from this westerly direction. Therefore we might meet WPC and possibly witness their war.

if so we will soon have a good idea about the northern geography of the map. Maybe all civs have a border on a huge meandering inland water.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I would fit in four cities as it is close to our capital. Red X = city locations.

That would get us all of the resources and make efficient use of land. Not to mention it would get us three cities on the river (so levees and hydro plants eventually) and two on the coast including our first on the south cost (one city is counted twice as it is on both the river and the coast).

I would prioritize the SE most city first as it grabs both stone and wine plus it heads off our neighbor in that whole area giving us extra time to grab the other three without fear they take a city location first. Lastly, having our frontier cities relatively close together seems a smart defensive move if and when we need to defend the frontier.

Comment

• BTW Please do not settle the new city without an official vote. I would like to see a real vote on the matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              BTW Please do not settle the new city without an official vote. I would like to see a real vote on the matter.
                              Turns are going slow, but not that slow that we can wait forever. The question about the next city place was asked 25 dec first, then at 13 jan I have presented the options, from there there was more than one week to vote. The majority including you supported the spot where the chariot is on your picture so I have founded the city there in the previous turn.
                              This won't give us double wonder production, but cheaper to maintain, gives more gold (flood plains) and more iportantly gives us the wine sooner and we will need it right when we finish improving it by next turn.
                              btw we can probably have an other city in the region in 10 turns. so we could try to go for the stone then
                              Last edited by mzprox; January 27, 2013, 08:10.

Comment

• Here is a new picture from the area:

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0207.JPG
Size:	340.0 KB
ID:	9094575

We have the winery improved and connected. I1m sending our axemen in the east so that aztec warrior won't cause any surprise.
                                We will hve alphabet in 2 turns
                                currency in an other 3-4 turns
                                CoL: 4-5 turns
                                and we will bulb philo in exactly 12 turns from now.

we will be in much better shape by then. let's hope RB won't have the same idea.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X