No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got the mod to load (I wasn't putting it in BTS mods but in regular Civ4 mods) but the problem is when I go to the game there is no Lizzy of the Ottomans and instead I see this:

It's the right game but there is no lizzy. Is somebody else logged in right now or something?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Yes, probably i was logged in

Comment

• Always check civstats before you try to log in. For example the game is down now or I could be logged in. Also note that CAledorn asked us to not exit the game directly to the desktop, but first into the main menu.

From the game:
        We got the stone for 7gpt, we will have University of sankore in about 7 turns. In about that time we will relocate our capital to Aurora. While we have stone we will start building the Moai statues in Ankara after it has finished the colossus.

Comment

• I count room for 8 more cities just in back filling areas we already see without settling any further west. Yes, our gold isn't great right now but I don't know why we're moving our palace instead of keeping it where it is and building the forbidden city out west. It seems like that would save a lot of hammers.

Comment

• Also we will need at least four more missionaries just for the cities we have and tech wise I suggest archery followed by the low bow one then maybe calendar so we can develop luxuries. Or we can do calendar first and get a boost to our economy that way.

Comment

• Yes we have room for about 6 cities, but they are not so great and we can build them anytime, when our economy is stable. But if we want any chance to win we need more land because land is power.
              We are relocating the palace because Aurora has about 15-20 more commerce than the old capital and with bureaucracy that's 8-10 extra commerce per turn.

Comment

• ok.. i have tried hard.. made sacrifices in size and strength to be the most advanced civ at certain time and be able to get liberalism and taj mahal.
                I have failed.. we are the second most advanced at the time, but the first one has such a huge lead that there is no way to compete with them. Their gnp is about twice as ours (and the rest of the better civs) they have twice as big land, twice population and many times stronger army.
                They have a religion, a shrine and good wonders, the real problem though is that from now on they will get the first pick on almost any wonder.
                There was no doubt that the RB team is good, unfortunately this time it was combined with luck and we can see the result. Luck as their neighbours went into early war so they could steal their territories, the capturing of a good barb city, grabbing a religion (CFC told me they wanted hinduism, but waited to get it in a specific city) and I'm sure their land is not as sucky as ours..enough to see they are full of resources like gems, sugar, silk, spice and what not.. but really wherever our chariot explored found more rivers than in our land..but enough whining

point is that we need to think about the future.. it must be war.. a lot of it.probably against RB, but maybe against others as well
                I hoped this game wouldnt be an other everyone vs RB, but now looks like it will:/.
                If we can't get liberalism I think I will try to get the great merchant at least from economics and after that I will focus on building a relatively strong empire.
                an other option is to try to build the Notre dame as it is a great wonder for us. but only after education. we need the Oxford University in Aurora.

Comment

• We have two choices. One, we can fight the power, RB. Or we can gobble up our neighbours. Neither of which we can do right now because our military is lagging. Seems we should punish Zulu when we get an opportunity and the economy settles down for us.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• War it is. We should concentrate on the military techs needed and then do nothing but build military units.

Comment

• Here is the result of the mp trade with India:
                      (colors: purple. india, yellow RB, lighter yellow: zulu)
                      So far we received their maps so if circumnavigation bonus is appicable on these type of maps we will get it . Next turn we will give them ours.

one thing to note: As I have said before our land is bad compared to our neighbours.. look at how big rivers they have and compare it to our core land's. riverside lands are very important to financial civs. also without rivers we can't have flood plains.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0277.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	9095082Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0278.JPG
Size:	273.4 KB
ID:	9095083Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0279.JPG
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	9095085Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0280.JPG
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	9095087Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0281.JPG
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	9095089Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0282.JPG
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	9095092
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mzprox; April 9, 2013, 05:01.

Comment

• It seems like we're also the smallest civ by far.

Comment

• Maya situation:

Dear ottomans,

It is now clear that Izmir is far from your empire. You told us that you have only desert and tundra at your north, like us at our south, and we confirm that we will settle at Izmir east, because it is fair as it is neutral land and you have space at the north to settle.

We can understand that your land size is lower than ours and other nations, but it is also based on the fact you are not creative and adopt a late official religion. This is not an argument to let you settle as you proposed.

Hope you understand our situation and be sure that we will honored ourr agreement on sugar and keep peace between our nations as long as we can discuss on common goal, instead of let the opportunity to egypt to take the lead of this game until its end.

Best regards,

Mayans

Answer:

Dear Mayans,

Thanks to our map trade with other nations we know how big is your land,. we know there is still a big gap between you and the zulu.
                          Creative or not the fact is that you have much bigger land and now you want to take our only (sensible) place for expansion. (our land to the north is completely settled, we have a place for a city in the south coast and the desert NE of izmir, that's it)
                          You are very right that we should be wary of Egypt power, but we can not accept to be left as a small nation. You should understand that we don't ask much but to leave that land for us and expand elsewhere while there is place. We believe that cooperation and mutual respect of our interest could work much better for both of us than rivalization.

Ottomans

-----

i don't think i can do anything now to convince them not to build east of izmir.. however a creative city there could cut off our citites and even steal their resources. I say we can't allow tha.. The mayans are big and greedy.. we must protect our interest even if it means war..

I will try to send a settlers there, but I believe the mayan settler is very close because they wouldn't had told us about their settling plan if it wasn't the case.

The question is really: shall we give them an ultimatum, threatening with war if they settle or let them and prepare fo war?

Comment

• I say don't threaten war as they're ready for one and we aren't. Make the best deal possible then just attack them after we can actually successfully do so.

Comment

• Situation got even worse.. they already have a settlers NE of Izmir and they intend to build a city in this turn. They think that the foundation of izmir was an aggressive move, which might be right.. but still we can1t allow them to cut our empire.. especially they are creative. i say if they build a city and our chariot has a chance we attack and destroy them
                              in this tun i will research archery and we will ave to prepare to defend Izmir against a counter attack.
                              it's very unfortunate it came to this.. Egypt will get an even bigger advantage this way.. :/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0285.JPG
Size:	378.9 KB
ID:	9095107
                              Attached Files

Comment

• What's our current troop count?
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X