Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the selling or chariot or not thing:
    it was 2:2 as I remember., now it would be a good thing though, because we would need that money to get metal casting one turn sooner and i really would like to start mass producing forges.
    As I've heard the zulus are retreating without fight, so cfc might not even want our chariot, but i think i will try to negotiate.

In this turn we revolted to bureaucracy and org religion. or next tech will bemetal casting, after that probably iron working, calendar

Comment

• OK, do it but please replace it shortly with a better unit. Or rather, ask them if they want it and only give it to them if they say yes.

On a different note I'm glad we're finally picking up some of those techs we bypassed like metal working and iron working.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• It's been a week since the last update. What's up?

Comment

• We died. You missed it.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Turns are going very slow now due to the India vs zulu war and nothing really happening what I did not report before. In any case I was planning to do a big report of the current state of the game in the following turn, probably this evening.

And since we are so low in numbers and it seems I'm the permanent person to do the turns and reports maybe you can help me by not expecting frequent reports, but log in yourself time to time and take a look (just be sure you don't change a thing). If you want to log in and don't have the pw yet send me a pm.

Comment

• I or someone else could take a few turns. It just depends on what we want to do. I don't even know where to log in or what the password or user name is though.

No one shared with us what those are.

Comment

• I would prefer if I played the tuns.. i do many calculatons in each one, and the economic situation is not nice right now

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0258.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	9094937Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0259.JPG
Size:	612.9 KB
ID:	9094938Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0260.JPG
Size:	386.2 KB
ID:	9094940Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0261.JPG
Size:	692.4 KB
ID:	9094942Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0262.JPG
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	9094944Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0263.JPG
Size:	314.6 KB
ID:	9094947

A bigger report for now:

We finished metal casting, many of our cities have switched to forges which we will finish by whipping very soon. About next tech I'm no sure.. iron working, calendar constructio all nice, but! RB will have civil service next turn. After some discussion with CFC we believe that RB will go heavily after liberalism/Taj Mahal, we must stop them. it's like our duty to slow rb down a bit, and for this reason I think we should get paper next.
                  If we have paper we can try to build University of Sankore, fo this we would need stone. I sent a letter to HRE asking if they can lend theirs to us. I think we can offer 5-10 gpt.
                  To cut maintennace cost I sold the chariot to CFC, we got 15 g 3 turns ago and we will get 20 more in 9 turns.

I have started building missionaries to spread the religion, so far we have it in 5 cities and we have an extra missionary (not decided where to send him yet)
                  ankara was an important city to spread taoism as it will build the colossus wonder, it's quite safe to try s we are the only civ with metal casting yet, it will give us about 8-10 extra commerce/turn.

Our economy now suffers from our two newest cities.. we are only stable at 40% research. After the forges are ready we can go back building wealth, that will help. Before that we will also finish monasteries in the big income cites.

I have sent many diplomtic letters, most important to get an greement with the maya, about peace an borders, we got no answer yet. as you can see in one of the pictures (about the eastern borders) we could had settled a bit eastern to get rice and horse, but that land was not revealed unfortunately then. that's why it's important to offer a border treaty to the maya (proposed border is that we don1t settle more south and they don't settle north).

If you have any questios/suggestions, if you think I should do things differently then let's discuss it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• That looks good to me. Colossus will help. Looks like we did the successful ORG revolt.

I'm not sold on the university of Sankore. We should make decisions based on what is best for our civilization, not on chasing RB. Pretend there were no other players out there. What would you do? How would you do it? This is the question I was raising earlier. If we don't have a direction then we will end up chasing rainbows.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I like that we're trying for a wonder and that city is a good pick as it's close to the capital, on the coast, and has a seafood resource to work. Let me know if you want help handling some of the diplomatic traffic because I agree we really have to get a NAT with the Maya. Next where are we thinking about building out hidden city to help lower maintenance costs? Tech wise paper sounds like a decent idea as it will help us open up the map and better get diplomacy handled.

Comment

• Talking about bad luck.. we will probably lose our chariot.. and in the process we help maya to get that barb city

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0264.JPG
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	9094951

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                          I would prefer if I played the tuns.. i do many calculatons in each one, and the economic situation is not nice right now
                          Good. Then lets hear no more complaints about how put upon you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                            Talking about bad luck.. we will probably lose our chariot.. and in the process we help maya to get that barb city

[ATTACH=CONFIG]173722[/ATTACH]
                            All is not lost as the spearman might attack the Mayan axeman.

Comment

• it attacked us and killed our chariot

Comment

• Well, you said you wanted to lower unit upkeep costs.

Comment

Working...
                                X