No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll see if I can find tonight who he really was, and then send him a mail on his real address.
    First I have to go to work.

Guys, I don't get it, we had a sub for China, right? Now we don't have one anymore?
    What if the Aztecs will play China? Is the Aztec player interested in that?
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• We had 2 subs for China that came in, posted once, and disappeared. Makes me think China is now cursed to disappear people...

I also was wondering what happened and if the player is okay. It is worrying.

I guess my ideas didn't go over too well

Comment

• What if the Aztecs will play China? Is the Aztec player interested in that?
        Sounds decent choice.

Comment

• Now that IS an interesting idea

It certainly would create a possible shift in the power balance, which is always exciting.

I would go further and suggest we give the Aztec player complete control of China (posting rights and all), but the give the Mongolia player subbing responsibility for Azteca and Zulu. Azteca player would give up Azteca permanently and BECOME China.

That way, 3 of the lower ranked civs would have one player controlling them, and it would be less of an issue whether they missed a turn here or there, and less of an issue whether they posted. Meanwhile a brilliant story teller like the current Azteca Player gets new life breathed into him
          Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• Yeah, I think the Aztec player deserves a better civ than Azteca (no offense, but it was nearly abandoned for most of the game).

Where is this mystical Mongolian player? Still no word in this thread...

Might as well just divide Aztec among the Natives, Americans, and Inca... not like it isn't already (not self-serving at all)

Comment

• Originally posted by Inca (DoE) View Post
              Might as well just divide Aztec among the Natives, Americans, and Inca... not like it isn't already (not self-serving at all)
              Or... since we are throwing self-serving ideas around... we could just give all the Aztec cities to Turkey, since all the other civs with territory in America are already ranked much higher than Turkey

Comment

• Yeah, but I don't trust the local citizenry to foreign nations' safekeeping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inca (DoE) View Post
                  Yeah, but I don't trust the local citizenry to foreign nations' safekeeping.
                  This comment and any response I would make to it, is all IC, so I will save it for the story thread.

Comment

• this is starting to take a while...
                    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• I am not surprised that Mongolia has left off. what fun could they have squashed in by 2 superpowers? way too much powerplaying and way too little gentleman's sportsmanship in this game.

Comment

• Somebody write a good story for everyone to read. No alternate dimension stuff about time not moving forward

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoE) View Post
                          Now that IS an interesting idea

It certainly would create a possible shift in the power balance, which is always exciting.

I would go further and suggest we give the Aztec player complete control of China (posting rights and all), but the give the Mongolia player subbing responsibility for Azteca and Zulu. Azteca player would give up Azteca permanently and BECOME China.

That way, 3 of the lower ranked civs would have one player controlling them, and it would be less of an issue whether they missed a turn here or there, and less of an issue whether they posted. Meanwhile a brilliant story teller like the current Azteca Player gets new life breathed into him
                          I'd be ok with that. Lets do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoE) View Post
                            Somebody write a good story for everyone to read. No alternate dimension stuff about time not moving forward
                            I'm still waiting on some pics from Russia to finish my Great War maps.

And any saves people have.

And for RL to be less chaotic.

Comment

• Ok, let's face it.

1) We lack players for China, Zulu and Mongolia (notice that in Inca's list in Post #2699, Mongolia isn't even listed at all).

2) We have no apparent subs for any of the three locations. The only possible subs stuck a nose in and didn't get a quick enough response to stick around.

3) We need to move the game forward, or everyone will want to quit and do something else.

4) We have no reason to believe that any other permasubs are likely to be forthcoming.

I think this means we face what all large long-term multi-player games face at some point: downsizing. Used to happen to us a lot on long Europa Universalis campaigns.

Of the three civilizations missing players, clearly the civ that MUST be replaced is China in some fashion. The tension between China and India needs to be played out. India deserves a chance to move the storyline forward in that theater.

However, if China is re-tenanted, something has to be done with Mongolia other than simply letting it become AI, since that would hardly be fair to all China's enemies, since China could theoretically scoop up the pieces (assuming the already outsized Russians didn't beat them to it). So a solution has to be found that doesn't just end up making China = China + Mongolia.

My suggestion, admittedly a bit unorthodox (and based upon a very poor understanding of the geography of the nations in that area), would be to have someone take up China (which admittedly just lost 3 or 4 cities), and hand Mongolia over to the control of the India player in return for a cease-fire between India and China, and have the parties work-up a story line accordingly. It seems to me likely that such a situation would allow the India player some chance of becoming relevant in the game without just taking out his/her frustration on China, and would likely spark some fairly intense negotiations among all parties in the area over the fate of the Mongolian state's cities.

As for Zulu, I see no reason not to let it devolve to Mali control, possibly with some concurrence reached with Egypt over compensation; alternatively just AI it and declare the cities off limits to the European powers for, say, 15 turns.

I agree that, of the players towards the bottom of the table, the Aztec player has demonstrated the best likelihood of taking over China and doing something famous with it in the storyline. I think the Aztec contribution to the North American storyline has been awesome, and clearly that player should be offered a chance to [s]screw it up for China[/s] re-create Chinese glory. Under those circumstances, the Aztec empire could be made AI, and it would be up to the various parties to carve it up as they saw fit. This, too, could be handled in the story line. I can already see the Viking player having to deal with the sudden difficulty that the city they "leased" suddenly had no actual lessor.

Anyway, whatever we do, let's do it in the next 24 hours so we can move at least ONCE this weekend!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoE) View Post
                                And for RL to be less chaotic.
                                Where's the fun in that??

Comment

Working...
                                X