Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by France (DoE) View Post
    Thanks, but it was a case of not wanting you, and Neandor and Russia (aka fork tongue tramp of the arctic forests) to have all the fun.
    Speaking of which... I havent story posted in a couple days, let me see if I can whip something up

Originally posted by Germany (DoE) View Post
    Might start a Cat fight...
    Well this is certainly the more appropriate place/thread for it... IMO
    Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoE) View Post
      Don't shorten it by too much.
      24-26 hours per turn from next turn on.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoE) View Post
        let me see if I can whip something up
        If it is Aysecan doing the whipping, I'm in!

Comment

• I put up some Aysecan posts just for you

BTW, Osama Bin Laden is finally Dead... Killed by US Navy Seals. They say they have his body and will be burying him at sea tommorow

Comment

• Time to Vote!
            We vote for the happenings of this thread: Story Thread 7 (April)

You can vote right here (please read instructions below first)

Voting ENDS May 9th end of the day

1. go to the site
            2. click your civilization name
            3. fill out the password you once selected in the civ-picker (the original password of your DoE account at Apolyton)
            4. Vote!

You have to award EXACTLY 20 points in both categories or you can't submit.
            You can give comments to every individual civ.

This is what the rules say about voting:

After every month all players are invited to vote on the stories and role playing of all players.
            Using a special web application a total of 20 'points' can be assigned, with a max of 5 points per player.

The 2 categories:
            - Story Telling
            Story telling is about how a player tells the story of his civilization and how he communicates with other leaders. How he handles his characters, shows the relation between story and in-game actions, explains the behaviour hof his civ, includes graphics and images, is able to entertain it's readers, etc.

A great part of the fun of a diplo game is the creation of an amazing story thread. This contains everything from national epics to diplomacy, newspaper articles to lies, text, screenshots and images. A player gets votes for storytelling for their contribution to the story thread. There are no rules as to what marks out a good contribution - we all have different tastes - what is too much detail for one person, may be exactly what another person values, some people will give more votes to one brilliant piece than to someone who produces lots of mediocre material, someone else will value quantity more. When voting its simple - give people votes if you personally enjoy their contributions.

- Role Playing
            Role Playing is about how the in-game actions and the tone of his messages reflect the role of the player. Is the fascist dictator really playing as a fascist? Does it make sence that the fanatic orthodox jewish leader has an alliance with the fanatic orthodox buddhist leader? Is the peaceful friendly leader really friendly and peaceful to his neighbours? In short: do the actions of a player compare to the story role he assigned to himself.

The definition of a diplo game is "A Diplomacy Game is a game in which all players lead their civilization as if they're leading a real nation". Under 'role-playing' people are given votes for the degree to which they do this. Is there a consistency and belieability about the actions of that civ - its in-game actions, its diplomacy, what it says about itself. What nature a civ has is up to the player to decide and to evolve as the game progresses - but they get votes for the believability and consistency of this, and the interest it gives to the game. If you act as if you are 'playing a game', you won't get many votes; but if you can give the rest of us the impression your nation actually exists, you deserve to get lots.
            -----------

Per month all points a player receives in both categories will be calculated.
            Based on this a score list will be created per category.
            The #1 on that score list will receive X scorepoints. (X = the number of civs in the game). The #2 will receive X-1, etc.

The rest of the score-explanation only uses examples to get the point through, but is too much to place here. Read it in the first post of this thread.
            This all comes down to the following:

Based on the scorepoints everybody received in a month, a ranking can be made for that month, per category.
            The #1 on that ranking receives 18 gamepoints, the #2 17 gamepoints, the #3 16 gamepoints, ..... the #18 gets 1 gamepoint.
            The sum of all gamepoints for both categories for all months determines the winner.

Good luck!
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Thanks France for getting the "Story" thread back on track...

It was starting to devolve into a second organization thread full of OOC one-liners and flames...(which I love BTW, just not in the story thread... it seems a little out of place
              Well, I think it's ALL IC!

OOC I have a totally different opinion...
              The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• I finished the turn. Well played all.

New turn is up. I did not move at the start of this turn.

Comment

I finished the turn. Well played all. ... New turn is up.
                  Are you saying that everyone actually clicked end turn and actually played their turn wow that's a first
                  Originally posted by Germany (DoE) View Post
                  Well, I think it's ALL IC!

OOC I have a totally different opinion...
                  AFAICT, it started in Thread 7 with a couple of posts #124 and #126 that were somewhat IC but a little light on "story" value... I mean the first was obviously intended as a sor of mind's eye view, thinking out loud, in the mind of the ruler, but the second one was just a little shall we say... ranty... still IC sort of, but no clear sign of who the speaker was, or who they were talking to...

Then with post #129, things really just went off the rails and turned into an ordinary, run of the mill "quote-and-respond" argument.

That's what I was dissapointed with It seemed like people were just using the story thread to conduct a regular old argument, and that just seemed IMO to be against the spirit of the Story thread you know? I mean we can rant and rave in this thread... And we can certainly argue in the story thread... but it just seems like it warrants a little style, rather than just quote and respond... but I cant imagine World Leaders just publicly aruguing with one liners. That's really what I meant.

Comment

• Voted.

Also - the final tally on the monthly story posts:

Thread 1. October 70 (it totaled 105 but that included half of Sept)
                    Thread 2. November 98
                    Thread 3. December 55
                    Thread 4. January 81
                    Thread 5. February 30
                    Thread 6. March 101 War starts.
                    Thread 7. April 151 War continues.

Comment

Are you saying that everyone actually clicked end turn and actually played their turn wow that's a first
                      Yes - I know. And why I was so surprised. I have been playing late in every turn given the turn order, and this is the first time I can recall this happening.

AFAICT, it started in Thread 7 with a couple of posts #124 and #126 that were somewhat IC but a little light on "story" value... I mean the first was obviously intended as a sor of mind's eye view, thinking out loud, in the mind of the ruler, but the second one was just a little shall we say... ranty... still IC sort of, but no clear sign of who the speaker was, or who they were talking to...

Then with post #129, things really just went off the rails and turned into an ordinary, run of the mill "quote-and-respond" argument.

That's what I was dissapointed with It seemed like people were just using the story thread to conduct a regular old argument, and that just seemed IMO to be against the spirit of the Story thread you know? I mean we can rant and rave in this thread, but I cant imagine World Leaders just publicly aruguing with one liners. That's really what I meant.
                      I understand where you are coming from - being that I am one who tries to post more stories than arguments - or at least incorporate my argument and propaganda into a story line. But I also like the debates. They are a hoot. (fork tongue tramp of the arctic forests )

And I would not want to see a third thread - story thread; org thread ANDdebate and one-line thread. That would get messy.

Comment

But I also like the debates. They are a hoot. (fork tongue tramp of the arctic forests )
                        You really are going to get me into trouble Phillipe!!

At least someone thinks I'm funny...
                        The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X