Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK. Understood. But please play soon.

Perhaps it would be better if France/Israel played first during the turn. That would give you and the English and the Rus the remainder of the turn to play. Just a thought.

I probably have another 90 minutes of on-line time here.

Comment

• OK. I have to go to sleep. I am traveling out of town tomorrow. A little over two hours on the turn timer and both the Ottoman and the Arabs have yet to play.

This next turn is critical. I could have moved, but that essentially would have been a double move. So I will not move at all - which means losing a turn.

I guess I am asking for Robert to extend the turn so the remainder of us can play in the proper order.

If the Turks cannot play their turn at all, I don't know what to suggest.

I am slightly pi$$ed about all this. The English pushed me to the last hour a number of times as well. Can we set a cut off point - say 4 hours to go, where I can go in and play at my liberty. Or as I suggested above, maybe we reverse the order in a less than critical turn, and the English, Rus, and Turks play second for awhile.

Comment

• Playing now
        Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• I have played my turn and paused the game for Israel and France

Comment

• I am slightly pi$$ed about all this. The English pushed me to the last hour a number of times as well.
            First of all, I want to thank you and congratulate you for the true sportsmanship on all the occasions you were forced to wait to the very few last hours to play your turns and never complained about it before.

Perhaps it would be better if France/Israel played first during the turn. That would give you and the English and the Rus the remainder of the turn to play. Just a thought.
            I would have been OK with that, as at the present window of time of the turn timer does not suits me well - either I have to play in the beginning of the timer or the next opportunity for me to play have like 5-6 hours left on the timer. I am OK to switch the turn order if it will keep with this timing. Maybe we can arrange it by just no one moving/slaving units near the front for one turn. If it is going to be the next turn, just say and I will agree if all the other agree too.

If the Turks cannot play their turn at all, I don't know what to suggest.
            I am sure in the rules there is exact rule for this, saying that the host will pause the game if there is 2 hours on the timer and not all of the war-involved parties are played yet.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Russia (DoE); July 16, 2011, 11:52.

Comment

• Awake now. And playing. Thanks for the pause, Ottomans.

Sorry if I was cranky last night. Looks like I missed you by 15 minutes.

And @ Russia, I would be interested in hearing what others think. You and I were the main proponents of 'bloc' moves. No one else seemed to want to buy into it.

Comment

• Ok - next question. How do I un-pause the game???

Can I do it - or does Suleiman have to do it?

I have a little less than one hour from the time of this post to play. I am then leaving to go to the big city to take my Mom to a show.

Comment

• 25 minutes.

Comment

• Ok - loading up the car. I still could not get the game un-paused. It is showing 90 minutes left to play.

I am taking a laptop, and may have time to play later tonight, some 12 hours from now.

Ciao.

Comment

• eh. I can't play my turn or do anything because of a diplomacy screen...

Comment

• The game is paused/unpaused by pressing the "PAUSE" button, no matter who paused, but most obviously you are not asking this - maybe you were stuck in a diplo-screen. This is known pitboss bug from many years, but it is overlooked by the developer (yes - they had to make such a nice game as Civ5) and never been fixed.

Some rummors indicate that hitting repetitive PAUSE button while the game is loading from the sever can unpause it, but I never got this to work

Comment

• Unpausing the game will not help, as then France will miss the turn. It was foolish for me to open diplo with France in-game then pause, so that was my fault.

I apologize again to All, as I usually paly my turn right at the beginning. I was the best man in a wedding and so I was out of town, busy all weekend and without my laptop or net access most of the time.

I am headed back home tonight, so I will once again reliably play at the beginning of the turn like I was doing before. I also say thanks to France and Israel for such good sportsmanship. It just so happened that the wedding was happening at such a delicate time in the game.

France, when I get home, I can un-pause, you will miss turn, but then I will not move my units that attacked Hebron so you will not be robbed of your chance to slaughter them if you so desire. I think that might be the main issue right? I will wait to hear from you. Otherwise tell me when you will log in and I will log in together with you to get you out of the diplo screen

Comment

• I was telling France. I am well aware that if now the game is unpaused they will lose the turn.

Comment

• I'll keep an eye on France tomorrow to see if we can help them finish the turn
                              Anybody can unpause the game, players just can't be in a diplo-box.
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Groundhog Day thing going on here. When do I get to play my next turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X