Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by England (DoE) View Post
    Yea, I somehow forgot to hit enter, I apologize. I am usually always good about that.
    Yep. I know. And no big deal. It did not extend the turn.

Comment

• Any ETA on the vote totals from last month?

Comment

• I can save you the time. Ottomans win the story points category, then France in a close second ... Israel wins the Character role points for the mother of all backstabs .
        Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoE) View Post
          I can save you the time. Ottomans win the story points category, then France in a close second ... Israel wins the Character role points for the mother of all backstabs .
          and and thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoE) View Post
            I can save you the time. Ottomans win the story points category, then France in a close second ... Israel wins the Character role points for the mother of all backstabs .
            And who is the father...

The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• Originally posted by Germany (DoE) View Post
              And who is the father...

Ottomans... at least according to Israel... but I wasn't around back then so I can't confirm what actually happened

Comment

• Clearly the correct answer is the Vikings.

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoE) View Post
                  Clearly the correct answer is the Vikings.
                  Oh yeah!... I forgot about that...

Comment

• I wonder why

Some grew too big to greedy, still some focused and got prepared. After that all is history

Comment

• some mechanical/rule questions:
                      1. When civ A declares war on civ B, Civ B gets to move first? Or does Civ A get the first turn?
                      2. Upgrading units for another civ is fully legal and requires no re-naming of units?
                      3. Does the production bonus Apostolic Palace adds to Monasteries expire with Scientific Method?
                      Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• Did I not promise to those those scores somewhere last week?

@LzPrst: I'm not able right now to answer any question in a sane way. I'll try again later.
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                          Did I not promise to those those scores somewhere last week?

@LzPrst: I'm not able right now to answer any question in a sane way. I'll try again later.
                          Drinking AGAIN on a Friday night? Sheeesh.

Comment

• So are we officially renaming units now? Is this retroactive? I don't recall that issue coming to a resolution...

Comment

• Meh, Im logged in and there are no new stories to read so Ill answer these for no other particular reason... maybe Ill write a new story afterwards...
                              Originally posted by LzPrst View Post
                              1. When civ A declares war on civ B, Civ B gets to move first? Or does Civ A get the first turn?
                              First of all, my understanding of "move," as it relates to Warring, is that moving just includes actions that relate to or have some in-game effect on the War (like attacking or slaving, for example). So logging in to look around for example, is not "moving" for the puposes of the anti-DM rule... that being said, who moves first the same turn War is declared is determined the natural way... In other words:

Situation 1 - Civ B has already moved when Civ A declares War, then civ A moves. In that situation, Civ B has already moved, so they can't 'un-move' can they? So that means that in the turns after that, the same order is maintained... Civ B moves, then Civ A moves .

Situation 2 - Civ B has not moved yet, Civ A declares War, then moves, then Civ B moves. In that situation, Civ A would always move first in turns after that.

Situation 3 - Civ B has moved SOME of his units, and done SOME of his actions for the turn, but not finished the turn for whatever reason, Civ A declares War and moves, then Civ B finishes his moves. In this situation it can be complicated, but I would say that who moves first would depend on what moves Civ B did BEFORE Civ A declared War. If for example, Civ B moved all his units in the War zone, and Civ A waited for Civ B to move his units in the War zone and then attacked those units... well in that situation I would say its pretty cut and dry. Civ B would get to move first from then on, because he was attacked AFTER he moved his war related units.

On the other hand, if Civ B moved some peripheral units, like workers on the other side of the map somewhere, then Civ A declared war, and moved into Civ B's land but did no attacks, and then Civ B moved all his units in range and attacked Civ A's units, then I would say Civ A should get to move first the following turn, because he was attacked last.

I guess the general rule is whoever attacks last in the turn where war is declared is last to move in all subsequent turns of the War...

Hope I didnt mash that up too badly
                              2. Upgrading units for another civ is fully legal and requires no re-naming of units?
                              Upgrading for another Civ is definitely legal (or else we need to reset a WHOLE LOT of turns... My understanding is that re-naming units was not in the original rules, but it was added later on as an ammendment to the rules. The way it has worked out in the game, is that the Just and True, and Honorable forces of Truth and Light (like Ottomans for example) usually rename their gifted units to indicate the country of origin... while the Sneaky, Horrible, Awful, No-Good, Very-Bad, forces of Evil and Darkness (like France) just do whatever they want and refuse to rename units... because they want to hide their nefarious and shameful deeds... and teams that assist the Forces of evil wish to disassociate themselves from their deal with the devil... at least that's how I see it. My opinion is not necessarily "objective"... full disclosure

So all joking aside... I would say renaming is NOT required, since some civs do it and some don't.

3. Does the production bonus Apostolic Palace adds to Monasteries expire with Scientific Method?
                              I have no idea, and I actually would love to hear someone explain... when a wonder or building becomes "obsolete" what actually happens, besides not being able to build it anymore?

Comment

• The devs made worldbuilder for just that purpose (I'm away from my computer right now)

Comment

Working...
                                X