No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, the frigates are from Neandor - I provided the caravels and the gold.

My apologies on the unit naming matter. I was not here for the initial discussion and was not aware of such a rule, or discussion about it. I am not opposed to the idea. Although it does allow for more intrigue if it we did not have such a rule. Trying to figure out who was supporting whom behind the scenes. Lots of historical context for it.

But I am not hung up either way. Whatever RP says.

Comment

• No worries. I was here since the beginning and I had forgotten about it as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoE) View Post
        It is entirely possible that Robert just forgot to add it to the rules.
        I believe this is the case, as for long time the rules included something like: "Those are the rules: The Dance of Civilizations is a diplo-game..." too.

Someone noticed this and it was updated to the correct "Destiny of Empires"

Now Neandor notices that the rule for the renaming of gifted units is not included in the ruleset as it should be, so just include it

For all who joined later or just did not noticed, here is the place where this rule is written:

link

So, it was voted and it won decisively:
        4. Unit gifting has caused some debates in the past, how do we handle it?
        a. No unit gifting at all [3]
        b. Allow but report [8]
        c. Allow unit gifting [2]
        and here is the rule itself (+clarification on how to use it exactly ):
        4. Gifted units have to be labeled with the name of the original owner. (ie. France got a spearman from Persia, now it's named: "Spearman [Persian]")

It is amazing that RP made a so correct prophesy that France will need gifts

Comment

• I agree that without labeling it makes for a better and more intriguing mini-game of "who is dating who".

But it IS rule. Maybe a new vote can change that since till now no one but me obeyed it?

Comment

• I don't make mistakes so you must come up with a better reason. :P
            I'll fix it anyway
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by France (DoE) View Post
              Yes, the frigates are from Neandor - I provided the caravels and the gold.

My apologies on the unit naming matter. I was not here for the initial discussion and was not aware of such a rule, or discussion about it. I am not opposed to the idea. Although it does allow for more intrigue if it we did not have such a rule. Trying to figure out who was supporting whom behind the scenes. Lots of historical context for it.

But I am not hung up either way. Whatever RP says.
              I agree on this. It spoils the need for acquiring intell, like Russia may be uncertain as to France's ability to make Frigates = intrigue, strategy etc.

I'm against making it a new rule.

Then what about where a nation gifts a unit, gets it upgraded and gets it back... way to messy.

Since it's not in the posted rules, despite that old vote, Neander will continue its belligerence and refuse to name its units
              The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• Just the kind of shady, dishonest and illegal behavior one would expect out of the Neandors

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoE) View Post
                  Just the kind of shady, dishonest and illegal behavior one would expect out of the Neandors
                  I agree with neandor on this one.

btw Liz - instead of posting here - PLEASE PLAY YOUR TURN. There are only 5 hours left on the extended turn timer YOU asked for. I am waiting to go to bed. If you do not play in the next 20 minutes - as you are clearly around - I will play my turn.
                  Last edited by France (DoE); April 10, 2011, 22:21.

Comment

• Oops! Forgot. Will be playing right away!

Comment

• Trying to stay awake...

Comment

• I was waiting for the Vikings to play... and they still haven't. But I guess we can't all get held up because of him. So I played.

Comment

• I am unilaterally exerting my non-existant administrative power and declaring that there are no longer any rules. Name your units whatever you want or dont name them. Play your turn whenever you want. Double-moving is no longer against the rules... indeed its actually ENCOURAGED now. Civs can be annihilated at your pleasure. It's more "intruiging" when there are no rules at all and you get to surprise your rival with innovative tactics that they did not expect... right?

Whos with me
                          Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoE) View Post
                            I am unilaterally exerting my non-existant administrative power and declaring that there are no longer any rules. Name your units whatever you want or dont name them. Play your turn whenever you want. Double-moving is no longer against the rules... indeed its actually ENCOURAGED now. Civs can be annihilated at your pleasure. It's more "intruiging" when there are no rules at all and you get to surprise your rival with innovative tactics that they did not expect... right?

Whos with me

Right beside you

Of course I will honour the rules, I was just joking!

But Russia can't cast slurs against me OOC if it wasn't listed in the posted rules - be fair.
                            The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• Anyone can cast slurs against anyone at any time whatsoever. There are no "don't cast slurs" rules that I read.

Whether or not anyone will believe what they read, that's the much different question, is it not?

ETA: Get rid of the stupid "flag" thing. It's just another attempt to discriminate against civilizations like ours who are not interested in bellicose demonstrations of flag-waving nationalism.

Comment

• Anyone can cast slurs against anyone at any time whatsoever. There are no "don't cast slurs" rules that I read.
                                Exactly! This Nenaderthalk guy is so adept on telling the people what they should and should not do.
                                Those words of course are in no way a confession nor proof that I am in fact sluring anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X