No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Axis did leaved amd put their allies exposed at risk and that is a fact for me and for those who follow carefully the international scene. But I prefer we to hold our breath for the aftermath discussion, because if I start in open now, it will spoil some things, which are just not yet to be spoiled, as the game is far from finished.

Comment

• Russia can pull off a space victory in 100 turns I suspect.
      You are so far away from the truth... Space needs techs, techs needs money and I am not even a tech leader and my GNP is about 5-th or 6-th. Not to mention I owe money (with good interest I must state) to almost half the world.

P.S. Great rhetoric, India. As always BTW (we having some friction does not means I did not gave you credit for your excellent argumentation)

Comment

• Russia isn't a superpower. Rus is above the other powers (now that China has been laid low), but it's hardly so far above every other power that it's in its own class. I suspect when they return my army to me we'll be almost evenly matched in force. Same for England and Neandor. This isn't like the RL USA where Rus has something like 10-15x the military of the next guy on the list, nor 2-3x the economy of the next one (I think there's a 4-way tie for 1st in that one), plus a fairly unassailable position geographically (they are quite vulnerable there). This is more like the USA in the early 20th century, still one of many major states, a bit above the rest, but still having serious existential threats to consider. Except, unlike that earlier USA, this one is neighbored by a powerful alliance that shares a fairly long, contiguous border with it, and a long-standing hatred of it.

Anyway, I said it was fair play but not "good" play, which doesn't mean it's stupid (perhaps it is, of course), just that it's not "gentlemanly" or whatever. Perhaps I am biased in this.

Comment

• Inca, I agree, in my opinion it was not gentlemanly. on the other hand it was not gentlemanly of china to chokesettle me. nor was it gentlemanly to threaten me from getting other lands. nor was it gentlemanly as I was a much weaker power to upgrade Rifles for Japan (if it was in fact china who did this), nor was it gentlemanly of them to smash the Mongols, twice, nor was it gentlemanly to use their power to stop me from winning the war against Japan to regain my colonies. China got greedy and as a result I was forced into a corner and even then they thought it acceptable to wail on me. Not gentlemanly at all.

Of course burning 4 big cities was a ****ty thing to do, but they really forced me into a corner and a cornered Indian is a dangerous thing indeed.

Comment

• As for Russia, I don't have all their stats, but based on what my spies (of which I have millions) they seem in a very strong position. Combine that with a bunch of lapdogs and this game is done. We will see what happens.

Comment

• What about dropping these talks and focusing on getting the game going asap. China hasn't played for 11 days though he was logged in a week ago. He disappeared without a notice, we can't be sure when they return, we need someone to sub for them.. even if it's a difficult situation. It's hard to suggest a sub from the current players, everyone is biased. Maybe Robert could ask someone who is not playing in this game.

Comment

• Yes, we still face the problem with the missing China. We can talk and talk (which is good to my pov) but we need the game going on at some point. I think we must wait for China to return for some more time, but it cant be forever.

2-3 days more? Or?

Comment

• Give them 12 hrs imo then get a sub. Set up the sub now so that we can get the game rolling in 12 hrs.

Comment

• Robert, any news from China?

Comment

• Yes, what is up with the China probrem?
                      So I go, and do what I can ~ Dwight 'Diplo' Eisenhower

Comment

• No news from China.
                        I'll send a PM
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Do we have any subs?
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• First off I must admit being out of town, and so I need to catch up with abiut 3 more pages of arguments on this thread... wow.
                            Originally posted by Vikings (DoE) View Post
                            No. I really won't. There is nothing that the ACE can do in this game anymore...
                            I applaud you. You've played the game perfectly. You win. I just can't see playing 80 (or even worse 330) more turns of doing nothing because I can't do anything. I have no desire to write anything more in the story threads. So what is the point of playing?
                            The time/energy that went in to writing all theses org arguments could have been used for stories. It's like people only care about winning the game in a score-based, pure MP way, and if that is gone they just want to quit, no stories, no nothing If that is the case why even waste breath talking about this as a diplogame?

Originally posted by France (DoE) View Post
                            Yaaa France! I always like to see France post even if they don't say anything.

Originally posted by India (DoE) View Post
                            I don't have time to talk for length right now, but I will be short.
                            Leave it to India to say this and the write like 2000 words.

Anyway, I agree totally with India here. I also think razing is an important part of the game and I don't see the problem with it. But finally, I think China needs a sub or we should wait for them to return. But OOC I don't see how anyone can complain about India, I mean c'Mon.
                            Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• Ok I have read everything now and:

1. I agree with India about basically everything they said. There is nothing unfair or wrong or questionable about anything they did from an OOC perspective. If you have IC problems with it, write a story condemning their "mass-murder, atrocities, genocide" whatever. If lower nations can't attack higher ones then how the hell can they be competitive? They can't. So let's just drop it, other than China needing a sub (or player to return).

2. China needs a player for the game to continue, period.

3. I agree with Russia that most of this discussion could be saved for later, but I would also add that 90% of what people are saying, (ie puppets, lapdogs, bullies, unbalanced alliances, no hope to win etc., etc.,) could have been said, and should have been said in stories rather than in the org thread.

4. America hit the nail on the head in terms of what the diplogame is about.

5. Vikings totally miss the point of what the diplogame is about and should probably find a sub who gets it.

6. I really miss France and Neandor's stories
                              Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• I think the India-China issue has been dropped and settled by now, so yes let's move on.

I think part of the reason the game seems so biased towards Russia (and her allies/friends/puppets/pawns) is because the other side just isn't writing very much (with the exception of the Vikings purely in the org thread to debate). Look at the story thread for the past (2) month(s): Aztec, Aztec, Inca, Aztec, Inca, Inca, England, Inca, England, England, Aztec, Russia, Aztec, Aztec, Russia, Natives, Aztec, Ottomans, Aztec (x5), Russia, Carthage, Carthage, Ottomans, Ottomans, Arabs, Arabs, Russia, Ottomans, Inca, America, Ottomans, India, Inca, Aztecs, Ottomans, Ottomans, England... and so on.

Where's the other half of the players?

Comment

Working...
                                X