Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by America (DoE) View Post
    JFK is killing injuns now; we have invaded Native America, because we can

And I am Rempedaalops, from the Netherlands, like RP (we met once actually ), and I had a lot of fun with you guys And I just realised that my current invasion is the first offensive act I have taken in this game... Probably the most peaceful game of civ I have ever played!
    You were also a pleasure to have in the game. Good stories, and I enjoyed our joint imperialism storyline. Very reliable, and helped spice things up a bit at the end too. Good work.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
      Tomorrow I'm heading out on vacation for a week. I'm not gonna bother playing turns or bothering with a sub. So feel free to work on sinking my fleet.
      With pleasure. Damnanglais! :spit:

Comment

• Still have some holes to fill! Who are you France? Who are the rest of you? I think I've only got England, Ottomans, Russia, Egypt, Native America, America and Inca fully figured out. That leaves a lot of blanks!
        If you played or subbed for a significant amount of time for any civ, please say so!

Vikings (Ragnar) - Toni, Rhothaerill
        France (Louis XIV) - Exploit (right?), mzprox, ______?
        England (Elizabeth) - OzzyKP, 2metraninja, OzzyKP
        Ottoman (Suleiman) - ThePriest, Sommerswerd
        Germany (Bismarck) - deity (right?), ______?
        Mali (Mansa Musa) - ______?
        Russia (Catherine) - 2metraninja
        Mongolia (Kublai Khan) - trev?
        Arabia (Saladin) - ______, mzprox(?), ______?
        Egypt (Ramesses II) - Robert Plomp
        India (Gandhi) - St Jon (right?), lzprst (anyone else?)
        China (Mao Zedong) - ______?
        Japan (Tokugawa) - ______?
        Zulu (Shaka) - ______?
        Aztecs (Montezuma) - ______, Calanthian
        Native America (Sitting Bull) - Dubhghlas
        Inca (Huayna Capac) - DNK
        America (Franklin D. Roosevelt) - Rempedaalops

This is one thnig I hate about anonymous play. With all the subbing an dmoving around and players quitting it is really difficult to figure out who actually played each civ.
        Last edited by OzzyKP; November 21, 2011, 22:49.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

This is one thnig I hate about anonymous play. With all the subbing an dmoving around and players quitting it is really difficult to figure out who actually played each civ.
          I loved it. I never did figure out who was whom. And when deity quit I was shocked as I thought Neandor was Toni.

Comment

• I thought so too! I was (and am) all confused. And you still aren't fessing up!

Comment

• Hi again.

The second Vikings player was me. And you are correct that Neandor was deity. The new player after he left was Calanthian.

I know who France is, but he'll have to tell you himself.

Comment

• Ozzy, you should probably just call me Bluffbait.

Comment

• So... this means that Toni and deity were ALLIES?!? What is this world coming to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhothaerill View Post
                    Ozzy, you should probably just call me Bluffbait.
                    Hahaha. That'll be your one enduring memory of diplogaming. The big bluff.

Comment

• Pretty much. At least I can say I completely changed the landscape of the game by falling for the bluff.

Comment

Pretty much. At least I can say I completely changed the landscape of the game by falling for the bluff.
                        Heh, I think this bluff is actually very good example of what diplo-gaming is (at least for me) - it is all about diplomacy and not using violence when the things can go without it. The pen is mightier than the sword, fellow diplo-gamers

Comment

• And as long as we are discussing The Bluff, I'll let slip that it happened just as I was returning to control of my civ. Russia was subbing for me and had everything set up in position brilliantly. When it started, I don't think it was a bluff. I believe he really was planning to raze the city. But I came back like that turn, so he briefed me and I said no to razing it. It seemed too far to me. But he persuaded me that he could convince you guys that I really did intend to do it, and that we should bluff. I was still worried because if they thought I was capable of razing a holy city, then they'd raze London or some other important city if they had the opportunity. But I agreed to the bluff and the rest was history.

Comment

I was still worried because if they thought I was capable of razing a holy city, then they'd raze London or some other important city if they had the opportunity. But I agreed to the bluff and the rest was history.
                            I certainly would have if I'd had the opportunity. I would have razed all of England so that this time you couldn't get it back.

Comment

I certainly would have if I'd had the opportunity. I would have razed all of England so that this time you couldn't get it back.
                              As I said previously, it wasnt an empty bluff - we had the power to execute our threat (i.e. razing almost all Viking cities), and even still eventually win the war in Europe with brute force, only it would be a riskier - there was a chance that things go wrong with your superior economy and advanced weapons (intact French and Neandor economy + Machine Gunners, Ironclads and Cannons vs rifles, SOTLs and catapults + ruined Turkish and English economy + drafted down to city size 5 with huge unrest Russian economy). Not to mention how bloody and violent all this would have been. I was really considering winning a war of attrition with you guys and razing cities was one of the things I was considering for sure

Come on, Roth, join the new diplo game - see what a fun, thrill and excitement DoE have brought to us! Lot of "favors" to return, lot of "debts" to pay and a lot of lessons we all to learn

Comment

• I believe he really was planning to raze the city. But I came back like that turn, so he briefed me and I said no to razing it. It seemed too far to me.
                                True story. Ozzy said explicit that I should not raze the Holly city, at first I was disappointed, but then I decided that if the Fate serves me lemons instead of the juicy meal I was hoping for, not to wrinkle my mouth in disappointment, but to make a lemonade. And the rest is history

Comment

Working...
                                X