No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the two (three with France) of you decide about this and do it the most convenient for them way. Maybe even part the Germany cities - why there to be a puppet nation. Only consideration is that if Germany loses its culture, the German cities will be overrun with Russian culture.

Comment

• So, again, I just was screwing around since the game is over. Can people help me figure out who played which civs? This is my best guess so far:

Destiny of Empires
      September 16, 2010 -November 20, 2011
      Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword (Pitboss)

Vikings (Ragnar) - Toni, ____?
      France (Louis XIV) - Exploit (right?), mzprox, ______?
      England (Elizabeth) - OzzyKP
      Ottoman (Suleiman) - ThePriest, Sommerswerd
      Germany (Bismarck) - deity (right?), ______?
      Mali (Mansa Musa) - ______?
      Russia (Catherine) - 2metraninja
      Mongolia (Kublai Khan) - trev?
      Arabia (Saladin) - ______, mzprox(?), ______?
      Egypt (Ramesses II) - Robert Plomp
      India (Gandhi) - St Jon (right?), lzprst (anyone else?)
      China (Mao Zedong) - ______?
      Japan (Tokugawa) - ______?
      Zulu (Shaka) - ______?
      Aztecs (Montezuma) - ______, Calanthian
      Native America (Sitting Bull) - Dubhghlas
      Inca (Huayna Capac) - DNK
      America (Franklin D. Roosevelt) - Rempedaalops

Possible Players:
      - 2metraninja
      - amarriner
      - Black Knight 427
      - BranksDilly
      - deity
      - DNK
      - Dubhghlas
      - Exploit
      - Hercules
      - OzzyKP
      - Pinchak
      - Rempedaalops
      - Robert Plomp (host)
      - St Jon
      - The_Aussie_Lurker
      - The Priest
      - Toni
      - trev

Help me fill in the blanks!!!
      Last edited by OzzyKP; November 21, 2011, 19:02.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Hahaha Mongols=2metraninja

Comment

• Was metraninja Russia? I really have no idea who people are, haha. Help me out!

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• OK, guys, let me introduce myself, its nice to know you all - I am known as 2metraninja.

You are a whole bunch of nice civvers and it is real pleasure for me to have found you.

Comment

• Thanks Oz for the expo, you are right to have fun with your mega fleet. I guess it was my mistake into reacting like that. My fault for not logging in more often. So is this over or we continue it? See if i can convince Oz for peace maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                Haha, sorry Toni. Since we had all declared the game to be over and no one was playing their turns, and since Robert was keeping the game up, I figured why not have a bit of fun and actually use this big navy of mine?

I logged in to play my turn and went , the balloon finally went up. Now I see what it is all about. Was even working on a story to explain the Dark Age of France, and to kill off the last of the in-bred and weak-minded monarchs.

But I agree, best if we call it now.

Great game one and all. A special hats off to Russia and Turkey for their diplomacy and tenacity throughout this game, and to England for bouncing back like you did. But there were lots of contributors, lots of great stories, and a great game.

I also think it was an interesting learning experience for diplo gaming, and for one thought the long debates in the admin thread were healthy. And the level of warfare made it verrry interesting, as Ozzy has said.

Thank you one and all, and sorry for my later period of non-posting. A function of where the game was at and stuff going on in RL.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                  So, again, I just was screwing around since the game is over. Can people help me figure out who played which civs? This is my best guess so far:

France (Louis XIV) - Exploit (right?), mzprox, ______?
                  Maybe I'll just slip quietly away into the night.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post

Naughty naughty France, leave me alone to bully weaker civs in peace!
                    A battle in North Africa one last time, for old times' sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post
                      Nope not getting that msg...

Yes the NAP is way over, let the War begin.

Naughty naughty France, leave me alone to bully weaker civs in peace!

Israel, how the hel! did you force me to give you a cease-fire? Anyway I offered peace (with a price)

Are we still using the story thread or are we doing our talking here and doing a final vote-count?
                      You offered me peace and I took it.
                      I was slightly aware that you might have just wanted to send me a message and had forgotten that it automatically comes with a peace proposal, but since your army compares to me like 100 to 1 I had no guilty feelings at all to accepting despite the fact that I was sure that the odds that you weren't actually really wanting to give me peace were perhaps higher then 10%.

Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• BTW, you said something about 'admin' in one of your message. I am not sure if it was related to the fact that me as an admin AI'ed the zulu before me as a player DOW'ed them.
                        I'm not sure if it was related but it's a fair question anyway.
                        I was as a matter of fact waiting for the mysterious player who would join as Zulu for about 10 turns already, to hand me back that old Israelian city, and the rest of the cities to the Mali. But that never happened, and I just wanted that city back.

But I did not want to attack the Zulu while nobody was governing them, so I AI'ed them to make it at least something of a challenge to me. Then the Mali approached me to joined attack the Zulu and I agreed. I'd rather fight an AI then an idle civ.

In fact that was what happened with the Chinese as well so I figured that everybody would agree with it anyway.

Comment

• I guess that Russia was/is trev.

Comment

• JFK is killing injuns now; we have invaded Native America, because we can

And I am Rempedaalops, from the Netherlands, like RP (we met once actually ), and I had a lot of fun with you guys And I just realised that my current invasion is the first offensive act I have taken in this game... Probably the most peaceful game of civ I have ever played!
                            So I go, and do what I can ~ Dwight 'Diplo' Eisenhower

Comment

• Originally posted by Russia (DoE) View Post
                              OK, guys, let me introduce myself, its nice to know you all - I am known as 2metraninja.

You are a whole bunch of nice civvers and it is real pleasure for me to have found you.
                              You are definitely a welcome addition to the community. You handled Russia expertly in all aspects. Masterful diplomacy. Kudos.

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                              I guess that Russia was/is trev.
                              I'm guessing he was Mongolia then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toni View Post
                                Thanks Oz for the expo, you are right to have fun with your mega fleet. I guess it was my mistake into reacting like that. My fault for not logging in more often. So is this over or we continue it? See if i can convince Oz for peace maybe?
                                Tomorrow I'm heading out on vacation for a week. I'm not gonna bother playing turns or bothering with a sub. So feel free to work on sinking my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                                X