No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing was still an issue, and that is where you guys really shined. If that bluff had happened 1 turn later I would have had machine guns in each of my coastal cities, with another 1 each a turn later. Grenadiers attacking an MG from sea would have been torn to pieces, and if you had landed I would have had 2 each by the time you could attack.

And thanks but no thanks on the new diplogame. I've learned my lesson, and that's to stick to regular games.

Comment

• Timing is very important of course if not everything. From my experience, in Civ MP you are always 1 turn late. Only 1, but still late. And in this case I was 1 turn late. If I had 1 more turn without you having Railroad tech, you guys would have been crushed. I launched 1 turn later my attacks and it was not sure if I could have won in the North. 1 more turn without you having Railroads was all I needed to brutally stomp you in the frozen mud using the English navy as the anvil and my north Cossack army as the hammer, alas I had no this turn. Good for me, you were 1 turn late too And it happened that we were online at the same time, so I could throw in the bluff.

Comment

• I subbed for India after St. Jon. Waged a war and liberated a city from the Arabs (a civ I took later)

Comment

• I must say I knew who is who for all of the major players way back in the classical times. I may have been new to the place and never played, nor heard for the most of you guys, but I did my homework good, read a bit about past games, noticed how and where your strengths are, figured out who is who and so on. So yes, based on this knowledge it was easier for me to play the game and make a good first impression on the new playground

Only mystery for me was the third and last replacement for France (after mzprox) - I guess he is someone from WPC, but cant really tell who he is, and then the Chinese player, about who I am still worried for his sudden disappearance.
          http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• I will say that the French player (the current one) was a prolific Poly poster before mostly moving to WPC like I did. Nothing against Poly, it's just that most of our friends were there and we still have ongoing Civ4 games there.

Comment

• And here are my knowledge and guesses about who is/was who and played what nation.

Vikings (Ragnar) - Toni, Rhothaerill, Toni
              France (Louis XIV) - Exploit, mzprox, ______?
              England (Elizabeth) - OzzyKP, 2metraninja, OzzyKP
              Ottoman (Suleiman) - ThePriest, Sommerswerd
              Germany (Bismarck) - deity, Calanthian?
              Mali (Mansa Musa) - Hercules, ______? (I know who the sub is, but wont say as it is up to him to show up)
              Russia (Catherine) - 2metraninja
              Mongolia (Kublai Khan) - trev?
              Arabia (Saladin) - Pinchak?(a guess), mzprox , ______?, DNK, mzprox
              Egypt (Ramesses II) - Robert Plomp
              India (Gandhi) - St Jon (right?), lzprst (anyone else?)
              China (Mao Zedong) - BlackKnight 427? a guess
              Japan (Tokugawa) - ______?
              Zulu (Shaka) - The_Aussie_lurker?(a guess) Sommerswerd, DNK
              Aztecs (Montezuma) - Amarriner, PMBmaker, Calanthian
              Native America (Sitting Bull) - Dubhghlas
              Inca (Huayna Capac) - DNK
              America (Franklin D. Roosevelt) - Rempedaalops

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                You were also a pleasure to have in the game. Good stories, and I enjoyed our joint imperialism storyline. Very reliable, and helped spice things up a bit at the end too. Good work.
                Thanks Ozzy! The pleasure was all mine. Definitely had fun with our joint storyline as well, and just want to thank all of you who contributed to the story threads for giving me great reads on many a day! Bravo
                So I go, and do what I can ~ Dwight 'Diplo' Eisenhower

Comment

• Yeah, I want to say Bravo to all the excellent storytellers I have enjoyed their stories trough the months here. America was one of my favorites too (Conan, hand-drawn cave pictures, Washington's drawing with the straighten-up arm, the love letters to Catherine, the goose-bumping speeches during the Turkey-America wars) oh, man - you are good

Comment

• Oh, I subbed for:
                    Mali when the original player left early on.
                    Zulu after Otts left.
                    Arabia for quite some time mid-game.
                    China for a few turns.
                    England for a few turns.

Reports that I was subbing half the players in the game were clearly overblown. Just 1/3rd.

Comment

• Thanks DNK and thanks metra for shedding more light on the situation.

Vikings (Ragnar) - Toni, Rhothaerill, Toni (Toni only played for a turn or two the second time at the very end as we were winding down)
                      France (Louis XIV) - Exploit, mzprox, ______?
                      England (Elizabeth) - OzzyKP, 2metraninja, OzzyKP
                      Ottoman (Suleiman) - ThePriest, Sommerswerd
                      Germany (Bismarck) - deity, Calanthian? (Calanthian only played for a turn or two at the very end, did anyone else take over for deity earlier? Or did he stick it out till mostly the end?)
                      Mali (Mansa Musa) - Hercules, DNK, ______? (so we are sure about Hercules starting out?)
                      Russia (Catherine) - 2metraninja
                      Mongolia (Kublai Khan) - trev? (can we confirm trev? Did anyone else play the Mongols?)
                      Arabia (Saladin) - Pinchak?(a guess), mzprox , ______?, DNK, mzprox
                      Egypt (Ramesses II) - Robert Plomp
                      India (Gandhi) - St Jon, mzprox, lzprst (anyone else?)
                      China (Mao Zedong) - ______?
                      Japan (Tokugawa) - BlackKnight 427
                      Zulu (Shaka) - The_Aussie_lurker?(a guess) Sommerswerd, DNK
                      Aztecs (Montezuma) - Amarriner, PMBmaker, Calanthian (amarriner and pmbmaker are confirmed?)
                      Native America (Sitting Bull) - Dubhghlas
                      Inca (Huayna Capac) - DNK
                      America (Franklin D. Roosevelt) - Rempedaalops
                      Last edited by OzzyKP; November 23, 2011, 12:21.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Hmmm how sad no one knows who I really am. Too bad

Comment

• Please tell us! Have you been playing since the start of the game?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I am BlackKnight 427, I have been playing since the very start, though in this game due to real life issues I have not been able to post the way I did in other games.

Comment

• Weren't you Japan in a different game? For some reason I associate you with Japan.

Comment

• I only subbed for Japan in another game.

Comment

Working...
                                X