No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Mongol wants China, I am OK he to have it.

Otherwise I think turning those two in to AIs is the most easiest way the game to move on.

Comment

• Just to clarify: my point was not about strong and weak military vs ranking, but different approaches to have somewhat up to date military.
      A top civ will research the new technologies and build top troops, but lets see a medium power, he could take two paths:
      The classic path is that it continues researching and meanwhile building the best troops available to him.
      THe alternative path is that it stops researching, still building troops and uses the money it saves from not researching to upgrade its troops by the help of an ally.
      We can say for sure: the one following the first path will be higher ranked but will always be less powerful than the second (and their spending both in production and commerce is the same)
      That's why I said that rank is not a perfect indicator, and yes I know Arabia too have upgraded troops, that's why I used "my" and "me" in the first sentence of my previous post
      It could be a long debate how good is the "second path" for the game, I think it's still better to allow it than to do not.

Comment

• Fair enough Arabia, I agree with what you say. My point of course is that its ludicrous to build infrastucture, wonders, and race ahead in tech in favor of building a strong military, and then whine that you shouldnt be considered "high-ranked" because you dont have a strong military.

Anyway it seems like we should just kick Zulu to AI (China is already AI) and continue. Mongols or whoever can take over for them later if they wish.
        Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottoman Empire (DoE) View Post
          Fair enough Arabia, I agree with what you say. My point of course is that its ludicrous to build infrastucture, wonders, and race ahead in tech in favor of building a strong military, and then whine that you shouldnt be considered "high-ranked" because you dont have a strong military.

Anyway it seems like we should just kick Zulu to AI (China is already AI) and continue. Mongols or whoever can take over for them later if they wish.
          I agree. Lets just put them on AI and continue the game. All this waiting is getting up nowhere.

Comment

• Concur. Restart it then. India better make an amazing story post about how they turned all the Chinese into mindless automatons somehow with some new superweapon... The plague, it returns...

Comment

• Yes, let's start it already, it will be interesting to see India fighting against a merciless ai . I think the ai behavior will be actually a proper role playing for this situation, why would they want to talk anyway with a nation who just murdered millions of their citizens. And still, because it's an ai India may have a slim chance for survival

Comment

• Originally posted by Arabia2 (doe) View Post
                Yes, let's start it already, it will be interesting to see India fighting

against a merciless ai . I think the ai behavior will be actually a proper role playing for this situation,

why would they want to talk anyway with a nation who just murdered millions of their citizens. And still,

because it's an ai India may have a slim chance for survival
                Absolutely! Was thinking exactly the

same.

Also, I always thought the AIs are only sitting ducks in a game with humans, but in one pitboss it turned

that the AIs block was quite serious power to be considered. One strong AI armed with the latest fashion,

with few vassals to add to this was really scary. Bad for our alliance the AIs supported the other alliance

Let the host say and we hopefully move forward.

Comment

• I'm launching the game now.
                  China will be AI, the Zulu will be handed over to the sub from one of the Americas who has volunteered.

Ottomans: please send the password to me, I'll then distribute it to the new sub.
                  In the meanwhile you may want to continue to sub for the Zulu?
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Ah! Moving at last!

It is just strange that Zulu attracted a replacement, while China did not

Comment

• Who moves first, me or India? I forget.

Ah yes, I am second.
                      Last edited by Inca (DoE); September 25, 2011, 22:24.

Comment

• holy stick on a motorbike!

China is AI? that means they move "between" turns, right?

Comment

• This means they move always first in the turn order. At least they are making it fast and not gonna be late till the last hour of the timer, making you wonder will you miss the turn or no.

Comment

• I don't think CHINA is AI yet. There is nothing that says they have been converted to AI nor have they finished there turn.

Comment

• Yeah, last night the game was running and China was not AI yet.

Comment

• does that mean that Inca is still playing China???

Comment

Working...
                                X