No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is exactly how the computers meant it to be.... has an AI ever won a diplogame before? I support a reload, it will give India another chance to sign a peace agreement!

I'm guessing that unlike China and the Zulu, we need a Viking sub, yes? I guess it's a bit eurocentric to say that China doesn't need one, but that's Mongolia and Japan's issue to take up, and they haven't done so yet, so I guess they're fine with it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Inca (DoE) View Post
      This is exactly how the computers meant it to be.... has an AI ever won a diplogame before?
      What does this have to do with PYT not showing the turns right? Or Inca too is in write only mode?

About subbing I'm fine either way.. but I find it distrubing that players gone without saying a word :/. Is the Chinese player alive at all? Can we check who he was, so if they are just lazy to answer us at least we should know who is not welcome in future diplogames. (not welcome by me, others may be fine with it)

Comment

• It seems Arabia is in read-only mode too. Robert said he will check who China was and if he can check what is going on with him. He did not said anything though I cant imagine someone devoted to the game for so many time one day to wake up and just say "Hey, I'm not gonna play this game anymore", so I fear something exceptional happened to China

As far as Vikings goes, they sounded like pissed off, so no big surprise if he quit. Pity, but thats life.

Comment

• Viking player needs to be gone for at least 5-10 turns before talking as if he's gone for good though right? I mean Vikings are not at war with anyone, so they don't necessarily NEED a sub do they? Anyway if they are truly gone I would say just kick to AI and look for a sub in the meantime.
          Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• Hehe, I doubt France and Neandor are thinking, "eh, Vikings, human ally or AI sub, whatevers..."

Arabia, you are missing the point: computational collusion. Next thing you know, the RNG is going to be handing out spear-v-tank victories like free kittens to China. It's game over, man, game over!

Comment

Arabia, you are missing the point: computational collusion. Next thing you know, the RNG is going to be handing out spear-v-tank victories like free kittens to China. It's game over, man, game over!
              Yeah sorry, I got it.. later..

Comment

Hehe, I doubt France and Neandor are thinking, "eh, Vikings, human ally or AI sub, whatevers..."
                True, true. Forgot about that, sorry

Comment

• They must know better what is going on with their allie.

Comment

• India, you'd better send a pm to Robert about the reload because by the time He gets here there will 5 more pages here

Comment

This is exactly how the computers meant it to be.... has an AI ever won a diplogame before? I support a reload, it will give India another chance to sign a peace agreement!

I'm guessing that unlike China and the Zulu, we need a Viking sub, yes? I guess it's a bit eurocentric to say that China doesn't need one, but that's Mongolia and Japan's issue to take up, and they haven't done so yet, so I guess they're fine with it?
                      I don't see the point of a reload. When your playing a sp game and the computer still moves before you and takes out some troops do you reload because the AI was being unfair? The AI doing this like this was something that we all must have known would happen. An AI does not follow the rules and for an AI to have the kind of civ that China is, that AI could be very dangerous. This is why I am strongly for finding a sub for china. I don't think that a civ with China's military power that is at war with another nation who's military tech is not even on the same level should not be controlled by an AI. I think it better if someone in game maybe from Europe or Africa can temp sub until a per sub can be found. Otherwise a reload would be pointless because the same thing will happen over and over again.

Comment

• On second thought, I demand a reload. Not only did I lose 5 rifles, 1 knight, I also lost my navy which was at port in Calicut.

the reason I lost the turn was because PYT did not update, so I never knew turn 1822 AD had begun.

as for China and a sub, find one for Vikings too... they have left their civs, until a sub shows up the AI should run them.
                        Last edited by India (DoE); September 28, 2011, 11:13.

Comment

• I've reloaded to the last save of the past turn.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• thanks, turn played. not sure how much it helped, but probably a bit better...

Comment

• Wait, so the game was reloaded to 1824? But it already was 1824. I am confused, I thought we missed 1822 turn. Also, with only 6 hrs on the clock I will miss the turn AND so will America and Azteca since they have to play after me.

Comment

• Please pause somebody, so we don't have to reload again.

Comment

Working...
                                X