Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A History of the World XII" Planning/Sign-Up Thread...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incidentally, the thing I feel most strongly about is (now wait for it..... ) is anonymous play BUT I don't feel strongly about the map.

If the newcomers particularly want a pre-made non-Earth map I'm cool with that too.

Full random would be my last choice though.
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• So, in the Staging Room with these anonymous logins we can select our civs. If two players pick the same civ I don't think it matters but lets have a rule that you can't pick the same civ leader.
      I LIKE THIS DEITY

ALSO i think we need to nominate a leader, by this i mean a person who has the final saying, SETup ect

I vote LZ! I think he can do a great job making this game awsome

Comment

• And don't worry about Capo and me.

He is as a son to me

We both carry on a bit but with such a long history of playing together we always get over things.
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Good one Toni! I vote for lz too as the team leader!!

This way we might get him to stay at home long enough to complete the game

And yes, I WANT lz's PHONE NUMBER!!
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Yes everyone should send Deity his tel number and email! He will be our record keeper

Comment

• Also deity and lz does the 26th sound as a good start date?

If so lets make it official

Get Ozzy to start working on our map - one problem here is deity if we do it your way (pick civs from the lobby) Having Ozzy set a earth map for us he will need to know what civs to place right? So maybe we just go as Lz said send CS:

with our request for desired Civ, then likely too many people won't have chosen the same thing. I say we start with sending a PM with our desired civs. If there are a lot of identical choices, we'll draw lots, or people can put in alternatives if their initial choice is taken

Comment

• Now, let's have a roll call for this weekend to do a connection test on a random map.
                USA EST midnight on Saturday night
                Europe Sunday 6am
                Australia EDT 4pm

Toni
                Deity

Comment

• Originally posted by Toni
                  Also deity and lz does the 26th sound as a good start date?

If so lets make it official

Get Ozzy to start working on our map - one problem here is deity if we do it your way (pick civs from the lobby) Having Ozzy set a earth map for us he will need to know what civs to place right? So maybe we just go as Lz said send CS:
                  Yeah, good point Toni.

Cyber, are you cool to do this job for us?
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• I would first like to point out that Capo has already taken a reconciliatory tone and that there is no need to for every single poster to bring the subject up.

@Capo: I think that January 26th is a good date, I don't feel its rushed, since LzPrst has made the penultimate vote tally on many subjects. You talked a b it about connection tests, I'll get to that in my response to deity.

@LzPrst I Cleary stated that I am in favor of Ozzys point system, so change that little detail. Well it doesn't matter that much since the vote is clearly in favor of the system

I think we don't need another vote on the subject, If someone has a big problem with this I'm sure they'll flame the thread. I think the same goes to the mods, it's a pity, perhaps a separate thread could be opened about which mods players would like to see in future diplogames.

Just for absolute clarity a last vote is necessary for maps, so we can decide on that issue. A courteous last vote on anonymity might be warranted too, but let me make it completely clear that, splitting the community like deity suggested isn’t wise, and that all of the posters against anonymity are willing to submit and do their best to make sure the new system works.

BTW Has it occurred to anyone that this thread has a political system similar to Lenin’s centralized democratic principals of organizing the Russian communist party?

@deity I see someone has finally gotten around to setting a time for connection tests. As I mentioned way befor your post I have the time, so count me in.

I would like for someone to fill me in on the details since "connection test" is awfully generic and my “technical term English” lags a bit behind (that's what you get for reading too much classical literature ). Is this a standard connectivity test, for “speed”?
                    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Now, let's have a roll call for this weekend to do a connection test on a random map

USA EST midnight on Saturday night
                      Europe Sunday 6am
                      Australia EDT 4pm

Toni
                      Deity
                      Heraclitus

Comment

• @ Heraclitus do you have a yim account, because this is where we usually meet before starting the game. Please send it over! Pm deity your email and tel as well

Thanks

By the way can you guys get up at 6am (Lz & H)

Comment

• No two civs should have ever the same leader, this would kill the plausibility of the story. I think that there shouldn’t be two identical either civs a simple tally of favorites should do:

Generic list, does not represent my actual preferences:

1. Ethiopia
                          2. England
                          3. Korea

Now my question to who should we with PM these lists? Cyber seems the man for the job, but he hasn’t commented on the proposition yet.

With tree civs overlapping is next to impossible, now to who do we send the list?
                          I gladly vote Lz as the “leader”, even though Toni has done his fair share of organizing too.
                          deity as record keeper is too. So we should PM him our email addreses, MSN/skype and phone numbers, to set this things up. (Someone has to take the job of waking up us lazy bastards up ). Don’t spam my email Deity.

Concerning balance what if we allow two China’s? Real countries seem to have a lot of fun diplo going on around that.
                          Last edited by Heraclitus; January 17, 2008, 20:20.
                          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• That is what we have for now player wise

And all seem to be confirmed 100% and eager to fire this baby up

1. Deity
                            2. Capo
                            3. Lz
                            4. Toni
                            5. Pinchak
                            6. Asmo
                            7. Marcus
                            8. Lin
                            9. Heraclitus

Comment

• Concerning the above post

Oh, yes I can wake up this sunday. On the other ones I might need a bit encouraging.

Comment

• Lz and H -------------- I will take on the job of waking you lazy bastards up.

Can make very cheap calls to europe I will get your phones from diety once he gets them

Will start ringing 6:01am every Sun

Comment

Working...
                                X