X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh i meant its done and installed, im in no rush
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

• game is hot, figuring it's easier to wait in the game.
      normal ip, if you don't have it let me know and i'll pm it
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• resent you the ip
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• starting another if anyone is around
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I adjusted some of the sizes of pangaea to give a bit better size options for the different player counts. Basically I slightly increased Small and Standard, and decreased Large and Huge, so that they should work with the following sizes.

Small, Med: 4 players
            Small, Low: 5 players (tested)
            Standard, Med: 6 players (tested)
            Standard, Low: 6 or 7 players (tested)
            Large, Med: 7 or 8 players (tested
            Large, Low: 8 players
            Huge, Med: 9 players
            Huge, Low: 9 or 10 players

The ones that I marked "tested" I tested with at least three generations of maps. Each had, on every single generation, at least 10 squares between civs (and almost always more). Standard-med-6 and standard-low-7 each had one 10 distance start.

From the maps that I saw, it looked like standard-low-7 is fine generally, standard-low-6 is always fine, small-low-5 is always fine, and large-med or low-8 is always fine (out of 3 generations anyway). Large-med-7 is okay, but tends to be a bit too big (in 'too big' you end up with one or two players having a ton of room, and with one or two players way off on odd peninsulas).

The other detail is that shorelines should always be "solid", to guarantee these results; non-solid ends up with some odd shorelines that can impact the player positions (as it did with me in the second game last night).

TO USE: Place in the "public maps" folder either in /my games/beyond the sword/, or in the program files beyond the sword folder. It only needs to be downloaded by the game starter, it will automatically get sent to other players when the game starts (or you can add it now to save time then).
            Attached Files
            Last edited by snoopy369; November 4, 2007, 13:34.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Great news. We've had such inconsistancies with the maps. Some would work great and others were awful. I'll have to mess with this once i get home.

THANKS, GOOD JOB
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I will probably be looking for a game later, contact me on icq when you are ready to play

Comment

• I may be available for a game tonight. I'll check back around 7pm EST.
                  And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

• Im about for a game tonight! might even be able to twist Gibsies arm as well
                    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

• I may be home later, not at ming's and may be avail.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I may be home also, if my boss doesn't overload me with work...
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• What time is a game starting up?

Comment

• so is anyone playing

Comment

• I'll be available today....plz keep me posted.
                              "Pain IS Scary!!!"
                              Jayne, from Firefly

Comment

• rah what time for the game today?
                                In America there is no native criminal class-save Congress
                                "Mark Twain"

Comment

Working...
                                X