Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Narrator for Civ5 - Who would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oded Fehr is another thought.

He did a good job acting and narating in the first two Mummy movies (he is the leader of the Arab warriors that were guarding the mummy). He wouldn't cost anywhere near Morgan Freeman and James Erl Johns and he has already done good job in narrating "historical" events.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unimatrix11
      Stephen Hawking.
      Seeing this response makes me think of the giggle I had when I saw "Macintalk" as an actor credit for the recent Pixar movie "Wall-E."

Comment

• How about the guy, who seems to have done the narration of virtually every movie-trailer there ever was ?

Edit: Or: Ken Jennings (every sentence would have to be a question, then, tho. Could suck a bit in MP: ´What did you just discover ?´ every time. But OTOH, on picking a new tech, it could say, for example, ´I take Education for 6000´ (or how many beakers it costs...)).

Comment

• Originally posted by Unimatrix11
          How about the guy, who seems to have done the narration of virtually every movie-trailer there ever was ?
          That would be Don LaFontaine.

"In a world..."
          The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Alex I to the rescue. That guy would be great. Still intrigued by Sigourney Weaver, as well.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

• Billy West from Futurama
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Male: Carlos Menceia

Female: Lisa Lampanelli
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Lisa is an insult comic. Not sure how that ill-gotten skill would apply to Civ V. (?)
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

• Lisa Lampanelli is hilarious, but I kind of don't see her reading "I am the lord thy god..." without several "F" words.

Sigourney Weaver is cool, but I cannot hear her voice and not run scared thinking aliens are attacking. (she would be a good choice)

Billy West: "Give a man a fish..." and he changes to Dr Zoidberg twitching for food.

How about that actress that did the intro to the Lord of the Rings?
                    Last edited by TriMiro; July 25, 2008, 12:55.

Comment

• Lisa L. ?! Do You really want ´So my people discovered Bronze Working, but we are the zulus so that turned out to not really be the best idea of the millenium...´ ?

Comment

• Carlos M.: ´Emancipation - or as i call it: The right to kick out of my freaking country whatever minority that my majority doenst like...´

Comment

• Originally posted by TriMiro
                          How about that actress that did the intro to the Lord of the Rings?
                          That would be Cate Blanchett.

Comment

• How about Simon Schama? He has a unique, shatner-esque cadence.

Comment

• Sigourney Weaver is cool, but I cannot hear her voice and not run scared thinking aliens are attacking. (she would be a good choice)

She was excellent as the voice of the insane Planet Express delivery ship in "Futurama" episode...uh..."Love and Rockets"?

She was also...amusingly enough...the voice of the spaceship in Wall-E, if I'm not mistaken.
                              [ok]

"I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes. "

Comment

• Woha, thread necromancy!

As long as I'm here, though, I'll add my vote for Morgan Freeman.

Comment

Working...
                                X