Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Narrator for Civ5 - Who would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zenn-La
    Michael Caine!
    Caine! Dang it!
    Strength & Honor!

Comment

• Hm, with all the different proposals I don't think we can come up with a consensus. Firaxis, however, can see a general trend: Let Sid design games and give the voice acting to an actor.

Man or woman, the actor should be someone who radiates respect.

Comment

• We need someone with gravitas. Perhaps the loser of the upcoming Presidential election? They are both good oraters, but probably wouldn't "stoop so low" as to pay us any mind. Just a thought.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

• Better than just gravitas, how about someone with balls?

COLBERT!
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

• Both candidates for the presidential election should have a go. Then we vote. And whoever wins will not only be the next civ-narrator, but will also gain the votes of the americans here at apolyton... how about that ?

(BTW: I just noticed, that the guy who dubbed Tony Blair in a Simpsons episode was actually - Tony Blair... so... the proposal might not be all too unrealistic after all)

(EDIT: But please not George W. - i mean... this game is called civilization, right...? And what´s being narrated are scientific advancements... so... would be quite unfitting... IMHO)

Comment

• Nixon once appeared on Laugh-In. No one mistook him for being a funny man, but some folks said it made him seem more "human." Bill Clinton was not above hamming it up in guest shots on TV shows (Leno, for example). But we don't really have millions of customers/voters lined up to buy the next version. Especially not that eager just because of the narrator.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai

Comment

Working...
                X