Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Narrator for Civ5 - Who would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Narrator for Civ5 - Who would you choose?

Who do you think should do the voice overs for Civ5? Or maybe you think they should have multiple actors/actresses this time around?

I came up with a few options that I think would fit the franchise really well. I described the tone of their voices and listed some of their most famous roles, where you may have heard them. If you picked "Other," feel free to post your own suggestions.

Personally, I'd vote for Robert Powell or Brian Blessed, I love their work. However, I'd be satisfied with any of the above.
    Robert Powell: English, mellifluous, dignified - Jesus of Nazareth (title role)
    1.87%
    Brian Blessed: English, booming, powerful - Augustus Caesar (I, Claudius)
    11.21%
    Liam Neeson: Irish, smooth, wise - Henri Ducard (Batman Begins)
    12.15%
    Edward Asner: American, gravelly, stern - multiple television and video game voice overs
    2.80%
    Leonard Nimoy (again): American, grandfatherly, intelligent - Mr. Spock (Star Trek), Narrator (CivIV Vanilla)
    25.23%
    Other/Banana: Say whom you chose, and why
    46.73%
    Last edited by Alexander I; June 22, 2007, 17:18.
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

It's alread been annouced Sid will do it. In the CFC chat.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Damn, I was hoping for Morgan Freeman.

Am I kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
        It's alread been annouced Sid will do it. In the CFC chat.
        No, not BtS. Civ5, silly.
        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Croup
          Damn, I was hoping for Morgan Freeman.

Am I kidding?
          Hey, good idea! Sorry, I didn't think of him.

Comment

If he's still around, James Earl Jones.

But I'll take Leonard Nimoy, too.

Comment

You forgot William Shatner!
              In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua
                You forgot William Shatner!
                Yeah. He definitely qualifies as a banana.

Comment

Patrick Stewart
                  http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

They're all good. However, since I stop listening to them after several months of playing, I voted for the banana.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                      Patrick Stewart
                      I thought of including him too. But I figured one Trek Star was enough.

Comment

ME

Comment

Dave Chappelle, as Rick James.

Either him or Louis Jourdan, although Louis may be getting a little old for the job.
                          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

borat

Comment

James freaking Earl Jones.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X