Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Narrator for Civ5 - Who would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monkspider
    Patrick Stewart
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Anthony Hopkins

Ian McKellen

Daniel Day Lewis
      Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
      The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
      Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
      Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

I never listen to what that guy says anyway, so why waste money on that? They should instead spend the money on something good like the advisers from Civ 2
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

BRIAN BLESSED!
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Eddie Izzard!!!

Blessed works for me as well.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua
              You forgot William Shatner!
              Exactly. There's my vote!
              - Dregor

Comment

Denis Leary

or maybe george carlin. the game needs more humour.

but we have to keep it g rated, even when enslaving and killing millions. I'd go with James Earl Jones or Morgan Freeman, or maybe Ricardo Montabaln (sp?)

Comment

oh just thought of something (stop the presses)

if William Shatner narrates whenever one of the Khans takes one of your cities they could have him scream Khaaaaaaaaaaaan

quality narration there

Comment

Personally I hope that the next Civ will give speech to the various leaders. Sure, it will lead to much complaining about so-and-so not sounding "right", but I think it'd be great!
                    - Dregor

Comment

Morgan Freeman - after all, he is god, right? Perfect match for a "god game".

Comment

I'd prefering having someone who isn't famous and demands a high price for their voice overs. That would leave more of a budget for the game itself. Do we really need to have someone famous spout lines that we're just going to ignore after awhile anyway?

Comment

David Ogden Stiers. a/k/a Maj. Charles Emerson Winchester of M*A*S*H, and someone with a LOT of audio/voice over experience. (He did quite a few audiobooks, IIRC, and was also the narrator in Icewind Dale.)
                          "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Chris Rock ?
                            "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

I thought of Patrick Stewart when I read this question, but after further thought I agree with those that suggest finding someone who will work for cheap and spend the money saved on other parts of the game. My suggestion: DanQ. He has some recording experience, his voice quality is decent and his accent is pretty neutral. And I bet he'd do it for free .

Comment

I was thinking Morgan Freeman before reading the results!

He has a voice that sounds pleasing in the ears, and overflows with wisdom.

Comment

Working...
                                X