Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Narrator for Civ5 - Who would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a female narrator, because a female voice is just more pleasant to listen to. I don't really have any ideas who though. Maybe Elizabeth Hurley or Claudia Black? With a kind of deep voice but still very feminine
    EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Christopher Walken
      Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

the movie trailer voice-over guy from the Geico commercials

"In a world ruled by many gods, you have chosen to honor just one ... monotheism grips your land!"

"They thought they knew me ... but I fooled them ... I got pig iron!"

Seriously, I'd like to see (hear) different people for different techs - certainly Hawking would be perfect for the more advanced techs, but he wouldn't be right for the early techs.

Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle) would be great for the agricultural-type techs. There should be different narrations based on how you got the tech. Three different narrations could be based on Gomer's three catch-phrases. If you get hunting through research it would be, "Gollllllly, you jes' lernt to hunt!" If you get it by popping a goody hut it would be, "Sur-prize, sur-prize, sur-prize! Them natives jes' lernt ya ta hunt!" If you get it as a free tech bonus it would be, "Shazaam! Y'all lernt ta hunt lickety-split!" If you got it via trade it would be, "Them nice fellers lernt y'all how ta hunt!"
        The (self-proclaimed) King of Parenthetical Comments.

Comment

Jim Nabors?

Outside of us Americans aged 40 years or older, I think that most of the world and younger Americans will have little to no idea of who Jim Nabors is.

I know I could mention his name at work and all I'd get is blank stares from the under 40 set I work with.

Comment

gomer pyle? I would burn a game with his voice in it.

although I'm not actually sure what his voice sounds like, I only seen it parodied on the simpsons and the like. or maybe I'm thinking of the seargent who says Pyle. hmm

either way I don't like it. don't dumb the game down.

I would like to have all the leaders have a quote like SMAC.

Comment

Christopher Walken would be awesome! I'm not sure I could stop laughing, however.

Ditto with Rev. Jesse Jackson. One of the funniest things I ever saw was him dead-pan reading "Green Eggs and Ham" on SNL.

Wodan

Comment

Sadly, the only man worthy of my vote died in February this year.

Ian Richardson - You might know him from the crappy underworld movie, but I loved him from the first time I saw him as Francis Urquart - Chief Party Whip of the Tories in "House of Cards"

He also voiced Death in the recent TV adaptation of Terry Pratchett's Hogfather.

Comment

Ian Richardson wasn't in the underworld movie, that was Bill Nighy.

My vote is for John Hurt

Comment

Ahh - was thinking of dark city...

Comment

Too Many People:
                      Morgan Freeman
                      Anyone else find his voice over exposed (same goes for James Earl Jones).

Guynemer:
                      Just imagine Christopher Walken doing the Sputnik quote.

MarkUCLA:
                      Sigourney Weaver.

Has anyone seen the Planet Earth series from the Discovery Channel? She is absolutely terrific and would be a nice change from the usual male voice.

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergenc...anet-earth.html

It's a BBC series. They replaced David Attenborough?
                      LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

BRIAN BLESS-ED!
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yes, Brian Blessed - The Blackadder King Richard IV Brian Blessed.

Blood! Death! War! Rumpy pumpy! Triumph!

Comment

Jack Bauer

"The following takes place between 500 bc and 400 bc"

Comment

Originally posted by Aradae
                              Jack Bauer

"The following takes place between 500 bc and 400 bc"
                              Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Patrick Stewart did a good job as the emporer in Oblivion. Should do as well here.

Sigourney Weaver would be perfect -- the voice of Mother Nature.
                                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                                X