Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Else Prefer Civ 3's Graphics Too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walls were on the map in civ3, but having all buildings on the map was a huge change.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

I never liked Civ3's graphics, Sn00py's (or was it the other snoopy with numbers?) graphics mod for the game made it much better
      Civ IV with the blue marple mod is much much better though

Hell, Civ1's graphics are better than Civ3's graphics (without the mod)
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Aaaah hahahahahaha!!!

Eeeeeh heeheeheeheeheeheehee

Oooooh hohohohohohoho

Aha ha ha. Hee hee...

Whoo!

Seriously?
        No.

Tom P.

Comment

Walls were on the map in civ3, but having all buildings on the map was a huge change.

This is probably my favorite feature that civ 4 adds to the series.
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I don't see much of a difference with the Blue Marble screenshots... hrm.
            - Dregor

Comment

civ3's graphics were bad. Not quite as bad with Snoopy's mod, but I still prefer civ4 anyday.

Comment

Re: Does Anyone Else Prefer Civ 3's Graphics Too?

Originally posted by Jerh9e1k5
                Hey everyone,

I recently fired up CIV after a long break from playing and I find myself annoyed with the graphics once again. I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way but I much prefer the graphics from Civ 3. They are simple but gentle on the eyes, and there aren't too many movements on the screen at once. If someone were to make a civ 3 graphics mod for CIV I would be very greatful, anyone know if something like this exists?

Jerh9e1k5
                I believe you can disable the animations.

Comment

Civ 4's graphics are at least 12% better, and only a 600% greater burden on our computers' resources! Well done to all involved

Comment

Re: Re: Does Anyone Else Prefer Civ 3's Graphics Too?

Originally posted by Dis

I believe you can disable the animations.
                    Thanks Dis I'll give that a try

Actually I must be REALLY in the minority because I didn't like Snoopy's graphics mods for Civ3, I prefered the original Civ3 graphics :P

(Although I did appreciate that Snoopy was putting so much effort into modding the game, giving us options to choose from)

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
                      Civ 4's graphics are at least 12% better, and only a 600% greater burden on our computers' resources! Well done to all involved
                      I'll agree with the 600%, but come on. The graphics are MUCH better on Civ4 then on Civ3.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
                        Yeah, maybe the people here claiming Civ3's graphics were better is because their machine can't handle Civ4.

Comment

Civ4 graphics definitly better!
                          Much more vibrant.

And I agree, Civ.exe graphics still ftw (no pixel shader can beat a huge dose of nostalgia :P)
                          Beep...beep...beep.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            Yeah, maybe the people here claiming Civ3's graphics were better is because their machine can't handle Civ4.
                            Oh, mine can definately handle it.
                            3.6 Ghz
                            2 Gb Ram
                            256 Mb video

Yea, that'll handle civ4 alright. I'm just one of those people who prefers a beautifully crafted piece of artwork over the crap that is 3d graphics in computer games. I still have yet to see a 3d game that actually looks good while playing it. Too many sharp edges, due to low pollygon counts just makes it ugly as hell, IMHO. Texture-wise, yes Civ4 is fine, if not possibly even good, but I don't like 3d graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwertqwert

I'll agree with the 600%, but come on. The graphics are MUCH better on Civ4 then on Civ3.
                              Sadly I'm forced to run the game at the lowest possible quality, so they're not really that much better. On the other hand I can play games like Warcraft 3 at the highest quality, many units on screen all moving at once, particle effects etc...

Comment

I prefer civ 2 graphics. At least they were not ugly. However, I do enjoy watching the beavers sport around and the elephants wag their heads.

Comment

Working...
                                X