No announcement yet.

1.08 Patch is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm having a problem with the tiles not showing the resources that they produce in the city screen and on the main screen when I click the option to reveal the resources. Does anyone know whether the patch fixes that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rommel2D

When a finalized patch gets released, it will be designed to install over the previous public release (v100 in this case). This isn't coming directly from Firaxis, but I'd be very surprised if it could go on top of anything in between.

Fortunately, the reinstall process allows you to keep any saves (don't know if they'll be upgradeable or not), and doesn't take too long. This is relative of course, but I've found it takes longer to fix dinner than to un- and re-install.
      Thanks for the prompt reply, MarkG.

Oh, wait. You're not MarkG. And you don't work for Firaxis. So be silent.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rommel2D

When a finalized patch gets released, it will be designed to install over the previous public release (v100 in this case). This isn't coming directly from Firaxis, but I'd be very surprised if it could go on top of anything in between.
        But they DID release something to the public in between.

At least last I checked I was part of the public, not Firaxis. Maybe I should check again.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• I'm saying that the fact that it was quickly pulled down from any official release area indicates they are not going to support it as such. Hopefully there will be an official answer for DRoseDARs soon, but in the meantime, for the reasons greggbert described, don't install v108 unless you're prepared to do a reinstall later. That's not any help for those who already have, but might help someone who's coming late to the party here...
          Last edited by Rommel2D; November 23, 2005, 19:59.
          Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• and now 1.09 is out....

so, since I did 1.08, I'm not messing with 1.09 right now
            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
              and now 1.09 is out....

so, since I did 1.08, I'm not messing with 1.09 right now
              1.09 installs over 1.08 without any problems, so there's no reason to worry about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Thanks for the prompt reply, MarkG.

Oh, wait. You're not MarkG. And you don't work for Firaxis. So be silent.
                1.09 should install over either 1.00 or 1.08.
                Mike Breitkreutz
                Programmer
                FIRAXIS Games

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                  Go to control panel -> Private Messages. The PM (-/-) indicator is intended for PLUS members, I'm not sure it would work for non-plus members or not as a link to the PM box. As far as I know, all registered Apolyton members are able to receive and send PMs.
                  Hmm, the PM (-/-) thing takes me to a membership sign-up page. Going to the control panel lets me get to private messages....yet I have no messages and theoretically I should have one now....

I can seem to send myself messages though. I'll remember you have to go to the control panel if you aren't a member. (Having the pm (-/-) take you to a membership signup screen makes it seem like you need to sign-up to do messaging).

-Drachasor
                  "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS

1.09 should install over either 1.00 or 1.08.
                    Thank you, that's all I wanted to hear... from someone who could officially confirm it.
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• It sounds like they must have put the wrong patch up. Still, my only response is really...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                      X