No announcement yet.

1.08 Patch is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried downloading thier patch through the auto update tool a couple of times but it didn't download one byte and errored out. Tried a couple of times, then it said there were no updates availible but I was still at the 1.0 version.

I disabled my firewall protections thought maybe that was it but still the same. Think their servers were overloaded or something so maybe they pulled it but the patch doesn't seem to be availible right now?

Anyone else having problems getting it at this time? I'll try again later tonight.

I also looked for the patch at the take2 website and the civ4 website but it doesn't seem to be posted there yet.

Comment

the patch is temporarily unavailiable as an issue is being invstigated.
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

ok, this is indeed odd
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

weird

Comment

asleep! im not the only one!
            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

They didn't fix the random map bug? I would qualify that as the most serious issue with Civ4 today. When reviews of the game are showing the same map that dozens of people are seeing, things are seriously wrong. Disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                ... an issue is being invstigated.
                as oracular pronouncements go this one is spectacularly delphic - an issue with the patch or the delivery method?
                Kipper

Comment

Ugh. I was elated for a couple of seconds until I saw Markos' announcement.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Same here on the error-out during in-game patch download. I got 39% of the way through and it crapped out. When I reloaded the game, it said there were no updates (current version 1.0).

I also noted that Apolyton pulled their news about the patch as well :]

I successfully downloaded from Apolyton and saved the Civ4Patch108.exe to my hard drive just in case I haven't installed it because I want to wait and install it using the in-game installer - if they have a problem with the patch, I'd prefer to download their corrected version of the patch.
                    XP SP2; 1280MB w/3200MB virtual memory
                    AMD Athlon 1700+; 500W power, 2HD's
                    Radeon 9600pro 256MB (Dec 2005 Catalyst)
                    SoundBlaster X-Fi (8.8.05 driver)

Comment

It's a good thing that all of this patch drama is happening at a time when I can't d/l or play anyway. Lucky me.

Comment

Capt. Dizzle won his own lotto.. or should we use the date that we can actually -download- the patch?

Patch date lotto
                        ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Originally posted by Spocko

I also noted that Apolyton pulled their news about the patch as well :]
                          That was surreal. I noticed the news was gone, and then the topped thread was gone....

I thought I was hallucinating until I saw the thread untopped down the list.

Comment

I say Capt Dizzle gets the win...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                              the patch is temporarily unavailiable as an issue is being invstigated.
                              An issue with the patch that was meant to fix the issues in Civ 4.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

So did anyone get the patch before it was withdrawn?
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X