No announcement yet.

1.08 Patch is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

further announcements will come from Firaxis...
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

by the way, do you pronounce Firaxis Fire-axis or Fur-axis?
      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

They need to make a patch to fix the patch.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          further announcements will come from Firaxis...
          So they have not communicated when the patch may be reissued?
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I was able to download (on my second attempt) and install the patch. Game seems to run smoother, but I got a slowdown followed a minute later by a ctd. Bugger.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
              So they have not communicated when the patch may be reissued?
              should be very soon but we dont have something officially...
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Well if they have to fix whatever DRose experienced then it might be tomorrow.
                ~I like eggs.~

Comment

I just installed the patch and immediately noticed that the world builder no longer works at all. If I press ALT-w or click on the world builder button in the menu nothing happens.

Comment

I got the patch.... allll seemed well until about 15 minutes into a saved "huge map" custom game and I got a CTD. After that point, even upon reset, I continued to get CTDs. Maybe the save game file is corrupted somehow but I doubt it. Seems that maybe the patch they put out there was not finished in some way....

Comment

I feel so used. Sid is such a tease. So close and yet.....
                      .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

Comment

NOTE: Patches usually do not work with old saves and mods. Thats just how civ games are.
                        ~I like eggs.~

Comment

I will add to that though by saying that the game did seem to be quicker, especially upon startup. The hard drive was still churning away though so memory mgmt has not been improved for big maps with several civs. Who knows what's going on.

Another item to note was that on two of my CTDs it actually caught the error and asked to send to microsoft, so that seems to be an improvement since it used to just crash.

One last scary item was on another CTD, the game completely reset my graphics display to 16bit 800x600 res.... never happened previously.

Comment

Ghen,
                            Good point on the saved games, I thought maybe that could be the case but I wanted to test out the memory "leak" issues immediately. Maybe if i start a game from scratch that will not happen. Firaxis should give us instructions on whether that is the case.

Comment

So, Is it best to uninstall the patch?
                              Flash
                              Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
                              the Moderator of the World Creators

Comment

I also just realized that a "regenerate map" button that was on the list of additions does not seem to be there in the game. I looked all over and could not find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X