Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which civs/leaders should be in the expansion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA: Arnold Schwarzenegger hehehe
    Germany: Angela Merkel (well, not really.. but if there were still a male and a female leader for each civ, like in Civ2, there`d be a female leader for the germs now)
    Israel: King David, David Ben Gurion, Itzak Rabin
    Egypt: Nasser ?

Comment

Originally posted by Grenouille
      Israel: King David, David Ben Gurion, Itzak Rabin
      Don't forget Golda Meir.

Other potential:

Swedish:

Gustavus Adolphus - Aggressive, Expansive
      Kristina - Philosophical, Spiritual

Comment

Originally posted by Franklinnoble
        Israel: Never been done... but why not? Judaism is in the game, and they're a historically significant Civilization.
        No they aren't.
        The Jews are a historically significant diaspora, but they disappeared as a nation per se when they were dragged into the Roman Empire, and Israel was only created after WWII, and it's hardly representative of the world's Jews.
        I think that a Jewish civ should be present, but not called Israel.

Comment

I like the idea of scandi with a berserk-like unit.

Babylon is a must IMHO.

Maya would be nice too.

Turks/Ottomans.

Phoenicians and/or Carthage.

Comment

Babylon would be my first addition. Hamurabi, of course, with organized and financial, has to be the first leader, but there are many other contenders: Nebuchadnezzar, Belshazzar, Nabopolassar, Sargon, Semiramis, and my favorite, Saddam Hussein.

As fond as I am of the Dutch, the Turks have to come second only to Babylon. Sulieman II and Ataturk.

Then come the Dutch. While William of Orange is a fair choice, I'd suggest that Jan deWitt might be a better one.

The Byzantines should be included. Theodora instead of Justinian, and Constantine. If you want a good warmonger, there's Basil the Bulgarslayer.

Beyond that, I'd be glad to see the Scandinavians, the Hittites, the Mexicans (and why not? Benito Juarez and Santa Anna), and of course, Carthage, the great enemy of Rome.

And as for additional leaders for existing countries...

America: any of these would be fine with me:
            Abraham Lincoln: Philosophical and Industrious
            James Knox Polk: my choice. Aggressive & Expansive.
            Theodore Roosevelt: Aggressive and Creative.
            Thomas Jefferson: Philosophical and Expansive.
            Woodrow Wilson: Philosophical and Organized.
            Ulysses Grant: Industrious and Expansive.
            Ronald Reagan: Creative and Financial.
            Jimmy Carter: Spiritual and Industrious.
            Richard Nixon or Bill Clinton: Financial and Organized.

France: Richeliu would be great (organized & financial).

Germany: Hitler. Possibly Maria Theresa.

England: Churchill, Disraeli, Gladstone, or even the aggressive/organized William the Conqueror.

Rome: Augustus or Marcus Aurellius. Rather than Mussolini, I'd suggest Victor Emmanuel II, or even Cavour, or Lorenzo di Medici (creative/financial).

Egypt: How about Anwar Sadat?

For Russia, Stalin or Lenin or even Brezhnev, sure, but maybe Boris Yeltsen or even Putin deserve some consideration too.

The Arabs: Haroun al Rashid seems the outstanding choice to me.

The Persians: Has the Ayatollah Khomeni been dead long enough yet?

Comment

I'd like them to include all the civs from the civ series that din't make it into this title.
              First appearing in Civ1: Zulu, Babylon
              First appearing in Civ2: Carthage, Celts, Sioux, Vikings
              First appearing in Civ3: Iroquis, Koreea, Ottomans, Bizantium, Hittites, Netherlands, Portugal, Sumeria.

Huns, Phoenicia and Polynesia should also make it in.
              My personal addtion would be Dacia (leaders: Burebista, Decebalus).
              In the beginning, Earth was without form and void... then my life changed forever.

Comment

Dutch
                Vikings
                Portugueses
                Magyars
                Hebrews
                Turks/Ottomans
                Ethiopians (Haile Selassie I of course!)
                Babylonians
                Thais

Let's keep (on the earth map) western south america, maghreb, south africa, australia + pacific islands for possible colonization.

Comment

I think David Hasslehoff should be a leader.... but of who? Shouldn't be too hard to find his pic on the net

Comment

Germany- Fredrick Barbarossa

Austria- Francis Ferdinand , or Albrecht III

Vikings- Olaf II Haraldsson

Poland- Josef Pilsudski, Jahaila (King Yagailla)

Switzerland- Adolf Eduard von Steiger , Ulrich (Huldreich) Zwingli

Comment

Originally posted by Martinus
                      Also would like to see the following new religions:
                      - Zoroastrianism
                      - Mithraism
                      - Shintoism

And an option to choose a number of religions in game.
                      well my polish brotheren u got those right Zoro should defintely be in there

Comment

good idea i would like to see some White South American Present day nation that are much more powerful then the freakin Incans. Argentina or Brazil.
                        Argentina could have John Peron. Brazil Peter the II. And to the guy who said to put in Mexico.... The games already got Mexico the Aztecs and still to this day 89 precent of Mexicans are at least Indian or majority Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by XGustaX
                          good idea i would like to see some White South American Present day nation that are much more powerful then the freakin Incans. Argentina or Brazil.
                          Argentina could have John Peron. Brazil Peter the II. And to the guy who said to put in Mexico.... The games already got Mexico the Aztecs and still to this day 89 precent of Mexicans are at least Indian or majority Indian.
                          Please tell me you're kidding. What has any South American country done that's civ-worthy? The only modern nation in civ is the US, and Firaxis will take the US out long before they put Argentina in.... this is just like the people who say 'Put Canada in!'

Comment

Originally posted by XGustaX
                            89 precent of Mexicans are at least Indian or majority Indian.
                            I believe the term is "Native American"
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

New civs:

Phoenicians/Carthaginians, leader Hannibal (Agg/Fin?)
                              Babylonians, leader Hammurabi (Org?/Cre?)
                              Turks/Ottomans, leader Suleiman (Org?/I dunno)
                              Scandinavians, leader Gustav Adolph (no idea)
                              Zulu, leader Shaka Zulu (Agg?/Spi? Exp/Spi?)
                              Dutch, leader Willem van Oranje (Fin/something else)

And leaders for the existing civs:

America: Lincoln would be the obvious choice, except it'd be hard to pick traits for him that both fit him and wouldn't be redundant given FDR and Washington. Other than that, probably Andrew Jackson (Agg/Exp)?
                              Egypt: Ramesses II (Agg/Ind or Cre/Ind)?
                              England/Britain: Winston Churchill is a must here, although I'm at a loss to figure out what traits he'd have.
                              Germany: Hitler (Agg/Phi). Strudo mentioned David Hasselhoff, and he'd make a good German leader, because of course, Germans love David Hasselhoff.
                              Greece: Pericles (Phi/Cre or Phi/Org) and/or Agamemnon (Agg/something else).
                              Rome: Augustus (Org/Ind), Marcus Aurelius (Phi/Exp or Phi/Org), or as tcost suggested, Lorenzo de Medici (Cre/Fin) to get in more recent Italian leaders.
                              Russia: Stalin (Agg/Org), probably.

And since someone mentioned it, possible new religions:

--Zoroastrianism
                              --Greco-Roman pantheon?
                              --Cthulhu mythos.
                              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Hobelhouse

Please tell me you're kidding. What has any South American country done that's civ-worthy? The only modern nation in civ is the US, and Firaxis will take the US out long before they put Argentina in.... this is just like the people who say 'Put Canada in!'
                                Wow this guy even dumber then the last one ! haha yeah thats why Mali and all these random empires are in here please Argentina has done more then the "Malinese Empire" seriously and the Aztecs and Incans haha ya comon they were advanced for Indians but still compare them to Argentina is like Comparing the US to Haiti. Your such a pathetic AI (American Igorant)its sad and read up on your history before you say such stupid stuff on this forum ok? Seriously your treating Argentina like if it Nicagua or some 3rd world country please.
                                Last edited by XGustaX; November 15, 2005, 19:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X