Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which civs/leaders should be in the expansion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninot

Well, yeah.
    Cool.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I never understood why Hitler can't be in the game while Mao and Stalin can.
      Mao and Stalin are responsible for more death bodies then Hitler.

I'd say, don't put any of them in the game. It's Civilization, not Barbarisation.
      Perhaps some barbarian leaders should be named after them
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

If America should be blessed with a 3rd leader, i'd argue for Andrew Jackson, orrrrrr.... Reagan, but I think Jackson gives the better opportunity for different traits.
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
          Perhaps some barbarian leaders should be named after them
          That's a good idea.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

If America should be blessed with a 3rd leader, i'd argue for Andrew Jackson, orrrrrr.... Reagan, but I think Jackson gives the better opportunity for different traits.
            Lincoln

Or Jackson.
            Last edited by LordShiva; November 10, 2005, 14:52.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Lincoln :doitnow:

Or Jackson.
              Lincoln is probably most deserving, but what would his traits be?

Don't think it would be very original compared to the other American leaders, as pointed out previously.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Lincoln is probably most deserving, but what would his traits be?

Don't think it would be very original compared to the other American leaders, as pointed out previously.
                If they wanted to make him different from FDR and Washington, they'd probably make him Expansive and Financial, and his favored civic would be Emancipation.

Comment

New Civs:

Vikings: Why they weren't included escapes me. They were always very popular.

Israel: Never been done... but why not? Judaism is in the game, and they're a historically significant Civilization.

New Leaders:

Winston Churchill: I mean, come on. No other modern English leader even comes close. Victoria was a good pick, but I'd have rather seen Churchill.

Stalin: Why not? When you think 20th century Russia, and the mighty USSR, what other leader comes to mind? Gorbachev? Eh...

Hitler: Again, he was a #$#@%#, but you cannot discount his historical significance. And I'd love to have him as a bad guy in the game.

I like the suggestions for Andrew Jackson and Abe Lincoln. I'd even go for Ronald Reagan.

Personally, I think adding leaders would be relatively easy to do... why shouldn't Firaxis churn out a ton of them to choose from?
                  What is SportsDigs.com?

Comment

If it's possible I'm sure that we will see fans creating all kinds of leaders, especially if people have graphics talent.

Comment

Israel: Never been done... but why not? Judaism is in the game, and they're a historically significant Civilization.
                      Isaac Rabin

General during the war of 6 day almost get twice of terrain for Israel.
                      Later, as president of Israel (during Clinton presidence) firm a peace treaty with Yasser Arafat before he was slain by an extremist jidish.

Chavez- Venezuela
                      I hope you're kidding.
                      Well, yeah.
                      Cool.
                      You must understand, South America is different. If you understand what a leader is (you can like him or can hate him) the latest leaders in South America was
                      Simon Bolivar
                      Emiliano Zapata
                      Ernesto "Che" Guevara
                      Salvador Allende
                      :

Perhaps they weren't loved in other continents and perhaps they weren't popular enough, but they were leaders.

Comment

Allende wasn't really a leader for very long (unfortunately for him), was he?

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Lincoln

Or Jackson.
                          Jefferson Davis?

Somehow, I'd think Benito Mussolini might fit well as a "Roman" leader...

And I've never gotten why they choose to not include people like Hitler and include Napoleon... Evil is evil, even in smaller quantities.

"I'll have Eva brew some tea."
                          "Have a carrot."
                          "No plots for cities? Go east, young man."
                          "I think you should adopt Free Speech."

A homely guy.

Would be hoot to convert him to Judaism...
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Allende wasn't really a leader for very long (unfortunately for him), was he?
                            You're right (they died September 11th 1973) after a couple of years as elected president during the siege of "El palacio de la moneda", siege commanded by General Augusto Pinochet

Comment

Personally, I don't think they will add third leaders. Rather there will be an additional leaders for those civs that right now have only one leader, and new civs.

I would like to see the following new civs the most:
                              Babylonians - Hammurabi (Organized) and Semiramis (while Sargon would be a good choice, people were complaining about there being not enough female rulers, and she would be quite worthy of this title)
                              Carthaginians/Phoenicians - Hannibal (Aggressive, Financial)
                              Hebrews - David (Aggressive, Religious), Salomon (Philosophical, Organized)
                              Byzantines - Justinan (Organized), Theodora

As for new leaders for existing Civs:
                              Egypt - Menes or Ramses (Aggressive alternative to Hatshepsut)
                              Arabs - Abu Bakr (likewise, a warmonger Arab AI)
                              Greeks - Pericles (peaceful, democratic alternative to Alxenader) and new artwork for Alexander
                              Romans - Constantine (Religious, favours Theocracy - Augustus would be a worthy choice, but not distinct enough from Ceasar, imo)
                              Spain - Alfonso of Aragon (technically not Spain, but the same could be said about Frederick of Prussia, and would offer a distinct personality/feel from Isabella, unlike most Kings of Spain)

Also would like to see the following new religions:
                              - Zoroastrianism
                              - Mithraism
                              - Shintoism

And an option to choose a number of religions in game.
                              Last edited by Martinus; November 10, 2005, 18:59.
                              The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                              - Frank Herbert

Comment

Polynesian would be a good new civ never used... It would fill a hole in the World map. The australia sector is never occupied at the beginning of a game

Comment

Working...
                                X