Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which civs/leaders should be in the expansion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which civs/leaders should be in the expansion?

We all know the inevitable cashin- *ahem* expansion is going to come, so who do you think ought to be in it?

Personally, I miss the Maya and Byzantines...

Willem van Oranje - Dutch
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Native North Americans ( Comanche, Lakota, Navahoe, Cheyenne, etc ) or the seven council fires

Sitting Bull, Cochise or Geronimo as a leader
      ..there are known ‘knowns’ There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. ~~Donald Rumsfeld

Comment

Most of the civs in civIV are only in the AD era.

I am suprised the Babalonians (sp?) are not there.
        Byzantines would be a good civ to add.
        Turks/Ottomans are also available

They could add some leaders to existing civs. Augustus Caesar to the Romans or another Egyptian leader.
        Early to rise, Early to bed.
        Makes you healthy and socially dead.

Comment

Re: Which civs/leaders should be in the expansion?

Originally posted by Hobelhouse
          We all know the inevitable cashin- *ahem* expansion is going to come, so who do you think ought to be in it?

Personally, I miss the Maya and Byzantines...
          Definitely the Dutch. I'd like to see a Native American tribe again, as well as the Zulu for nostalgia's sake.

Comment

Polynesians: Expansive and Financial. can't think of a good leader though.

Pericles for the Greeks: Financial and Aggresive. Either that or Agranemon (The leader of Athens during the Trojan War) Aggresive and Financial.

Ramses for the Eqyptians: Spiritual and Aggressive

Comment

Babylonians
              Carthaginians
              Ottomans
              Malay/Polynesians (!!) <--- or whatever you call the Indonesian/Austroasian civilization
              Vikings
              Celts
              Zulus

I'm not as partial to the various placeholder North American native civilizations, the Portugeuse, the Dutch, the Hittites, the Sumerians, the Koreans, the Maya, the Byzantines, etc.
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Babylonians are a must.
                "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

My eight civs would be
                  Iroquois- Hiawatha
                  Babylon- Hammurabi, Nebuchadnezzar
                  Celts- Vergingetorix
                  Turks- Suleiman
                  Maya- Smoke-Jaguar?
                  Korea- Sejong the Great
                  Carthage- Hannibal

They should also include a few leaders for some of the civs included in the vanilla version.

Egypt - Ramses II/Menes
                  Japan- Nobunaga/Meiji
                  Rome- Marcus Aurelius/Augustus
                  Spain- El Cid/Charles V
                  Greece- Pericles
                  Persia- Xerxes/Darius
                  http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

As for new leaders...

Greeks - Pericles and Agamemnon are both great. That said, Agamemnon might have the same traits as Alexander.

Romans - Tiberius might be a good choice here. Organized for sure, but I'm not as sure about the expansive trait that Caesar has. Of course, if he's too similar to Caesar it doesn't offer as much of a contrast. Perhaps one of the prominent leaders from the days of Republican Rome. There are so many to choose from, though they might get the same traits as Caesar with a different preferred Civic.

Arabs - There are so many leaders to pick from here. There are a lot of different leaders in Arab history that would contrast well with Saladin.

Spain - Phillip II or even Charles V might not be bad here. Again, however, it's unclear how much of a contrast they'd offer to Isabella. One might suggest Franco as a contrast to Isabella, but that would of course upset some people.

Persia - There are a number of other Persian leaders to pick from. Xerxes is but one. You could put in some useful contrasts here as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------

If we got into 3rd leaders for existing civs, things get all the more interesting.

England - William Pitt, Winston Churchill, Oliver Cromwell, and Lord Salisbury (though that's probably covered by Queen Victoria) would all be viable options.

France - Richelieu!!! Organized and Spritual? Or you could even stretch a bit and go for something far more colorful like Maximilien Robespierre.

Germany - Well, Charlemange is an option if you can call him German. Beyond that, things get shaky. The next best option is probably Hitler for sheer historical impact, but somehow I really doubt anyone wants to touch that with a 10-foot pole.

Russia - Either Lenin or Stalin. Personally, I think Lenin would be the better choice, but either works.

China - Deng Xiaoping would be an excellent choice for a modern leader. They might also dig into the past and pick another of the emperors. There are a lot of options here that would present useful contrasts.

America - Lincoln would seem the obvious choice, but there's the matter that he might not have any trait options terribly different from Washington and Roosevelt. After that, the next best option would be Reagan and that's unlikely with the Lefties working for Firaxis (though would be *very* popular as a leader choice for a number of fans).
                    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                      As for new leaders...

England - William Pitt, Winston Churchill, Oliver Cromwell, and Lord Salisbury (though that's probably covered by Queen Victoria) would all be viable options.

Russia - Either Lenin or Stalin. Personally, I think Lenin would be the better choice, but either works.
                      Something about having the "Big Three" (with FDR already there) in the game is appealing for some reason.

Comment

Babylon should be back,

I would love having Reagan in the game!

Stalin should be back so I could wipe him out.
                        So should Hitler for the same reason.

The Zulu should come back.

The Koreans never really amounted to much, but it might be neat to have them.
                        I don't know what I've been told!
                        Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                        Love to press the Buster Switch!
                        Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Chavez- Venezuela
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I hope you're kidding.
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              I hope you're kidding.
                              Well, yeah.
                              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                              X