No announcement yet.

The Missing Civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But with cIV being so moddable, I wonder what use it will be to release mod packages? I mean, if an expansion comes out, what will stop modders from reverse engineering the first retail version to the expansion?

The only 'expansion' I can think of then is bringing in new eye-candy that is close to impossible to be created by the modding community.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoModder
      But with cIV being so moddable, I wonder what use it will be to release mod packages? I mean, if an expansion comes out, what will stop modders from reverse engineering the first retail version to the expansion?

The only 'expansion' I can think of then is bringing in new eye-candy that is close to impossible to be created by the modding community.
      Well, for one thing, how many Modder-made leaderheads actually looked presentable for Civ3? I mean, there were a handful, but most of them, were, uh, lackluster at best.
      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Mayans, Greeks, Koreans and Zulus should be in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yarco_TW
          Mayans, Greeks, Koreans and Zulus should be in.
          Eventually. I'll settle for getting the Greeks and Babylonians in the first version. No Incas. Maybe Mayans later.
          The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• I'd at least like an actual confirmed Civ list for Civ4! Please?
            It is an unarguable and self-evident fact that France has been responsible for all the major world conflicts of the last 200 years.

Comment

• What? Ruin the suspense they are working so hard to build?
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
              X