The Missing Civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThaddeusAlexander
    I just really liked building sub neural ads and the ecotopia thing was cool.

Cheers
    It was cool, fun to play, and taking the sublime to the ridiculous!

The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander01
      Sheer madness!
      Thats what made it so cool.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander01
        taking the sublime to the ridiculous!
        That is how I picture the future.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278

That is how I picture the future.
          Once again, MADNESS!
          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• greeks are in. now i'm waiting for the alexander graphic
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• greeks are in
              As they rightly should. But I still want Vikings! I mean OK, you just can't leave the greeks out, they have played an essential part in our world's development.

Even though the Vikings were not such a great civilization, they have left a big mark in earth's history as well. Some scientists even claim the Vikings discovered America before Columbus (Viking longships discovered in Newfoundland and Greenland), and their culture extended far from their homeland.

...but then I don't really mind if I can add them myself, and restore the Berserker unit to life if they don't make it into the final version
              "Give me a soft, green mushroom and I'll rule the world!" - TheArgh
              "No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy." - Murphy's law
              Anthéa, 5800 pixel wide extravaganza (french)

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkG

greeks are in. now i'm waiting for the alexander graphic
                Huzzah! Greeks are in! With the shot of their flag and now this image of their cities, is more proof required? I knew that Firaxis wouldn't abandon them!

Now, when will this website acknowledge...?

Comment

• phew.
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex
                    phew.
                    No kidding.

I was anxious there for a little bit.

Comment

• greeks are in
                      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• Since the Greeks are apparently in, which civ is out?
                        "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

• Originally posted by Xorbon
                          Since the Greeks are apparently in, which civ is out?
                          My bet is on the Incas.

Comment

• Criterion for judging whether a civ is a "must-have" civ:

Say to yourself, "It would be a shame if Mali were in the game and ______ were not."

Example: "It would be a shame if Mali were in the game and Greece were not."

or

"It would be a shame if Mali were in the game and Babylon were not."

If this test fails, the civ is not a "must-have" civ.

Comment

• Greece!

Comment

• And now to make sure Babylon is in the game. I don't think the aurochs banner can be anyone but Babylon. Certainly not the Incas, empire of the alpaca and llama.

Comment

Working...
                                X