No announcement yet.

[Map] Earth map with 18 civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got it working, looks great but there's no western hemisphere (north + south america) at least on mine there isn't. i wonder if i loaded it wrong?

Comment

Thanks alot this will probably be very fun to play. I worry a little about how it wil run with such a large map and many civs, i've had no trouble with up to 12 civs on a standard map so far. (Don't ask )
      It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by person309
        i got it working, looks great but there's no western hemisphere (north + south america) at least on mine there isn't. i wonder if i loaded it wrong?
        America *is* in but the minimap only shows the known world. Once you send units across the ocean it will expand further. Press Ctrl-W to open to World Builder and view the full map if you want to be sure.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

America *is* in but the minimap only shows the known world. Once you send units across the ocean it will expand further. Press Ctrl-W to open to World Builder and view the full map if you want to be sure.
          it seems that if cheat code isn't enabled, Ctrl+w won't show the whole map

Comment

Hmm, things have changed quite a bit in the release version, I see...

Comment

BUGS!

Thats why there is so many bugs being tested you Beta testers must havent had a chance to find? They put out a different Build then what you tested!

Firaxis=Stupid fools! This is why so many bugs!

Civfreak1970

Comment

Most of the WB-related 'bugs' being reported are based on misunderstandings, I've really only seen 1 or 2 actual bugs, which will get fixed in the first patch.

Comment

i played as england and reached north and south america. all of a sudden, the game began to stutter massively. now i can't load the savegame anymore, the savefile loads, but the screen stays dark first then shows distorted graphics. when switching back to the desktop, a box pops up, saying, that my graphic card doesn't run normally and the pc crashes.

i have an athlon 2.4 ghz, 1200MB Ram, an ATI 9800-Card and winXP.

Could it be, that the map is to big? there are quite a lot of units showed, the year was 1650 and i was just going to wipe out montezuma from north-america.

Comment

Perfect!

I believe you are right on the map being too big and coupled with too many cities and units will force this crash! That was about the year when my game starts to crash also. On all HUGE maps.

Civfreak1970

..Then again you could just be misunderstanding that your system is crashing lol and Civ4 is a flawless gem like the Beta testers would like you to believe! ROFLMAO!

Comment

my system runs fine and so does civ4, except the huge maps. I'm actually not so surprised, since even big maps in civ3 were unplayable due to waiting time for the ai to make its moves ...

Comment

that's actually pretty cool that you have to "discover" north & south america, sort of makes it more authentic that way.

yeah, the game does slow down a bit due to the large map. I guess i'll have to wipe out a few civs to reduce the load on the processor.

Comment

Dont bother playing on big maps!

The game has a serious memory leak!

Civfreak1970

Comment

I can't believe you have already got the earth map done and the game is only about a week old, WoW.

Comment

cool idea just i guess its a little too small, played as Romans and just maarched my warrior over and killed the germans french and spanish, not much room to expand

Comment

are you referring to the same map? you say it's small? this map is friggin' huge in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X