[Map] Earth map with 18 civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Map] Earth map with 18 civs

As requested by some users, here is my Earth map with all the 18 civs unlocked, in their starting locations.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Rhye; August 6, 2006, 07:43.

Woot. Thank you very very much.

Comment

I love seeing it as the old civ1 style map, what tile size is this map anyways?
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

it's 124x68, that is 8432 plots. A little smaller than the huge random size.

Comment

whoa it is small compared to the 200x200 ones of civ3. but for its size the detail is very well done
          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by E
            whoa it is small compared to the 200x200 ones of civ3. but for its size the detail is very well done
            124x68 in Civ4 is the equivalent of 124x136 in Civ3 due to the fact that Civ3 is isometric and Civ4 isn't. That's still somewhat smaller than 200x200 but when you actually play the game you'll find that maps of the same size as Civ3 maps feel much larger (that's hard to explain, you'll just have to try it). The earth map feels pretty damn big, I can assure you (but I'm sure even bigger maps will be developed before long).
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

124x68 in Civ4 is the equivalent of 124x136 in Civ3 due to the fact that Civ3 is isometric and Civ4 isn't. That's still somewhat smaller than 200x200 but when you actually play the game you'll find that maps of the same size as Civ3 maps feel much larger (that's hard to explain, you'll just have to try it). The earth map feels pretty damn big, I can assure you (but I'm sure even bigger maps will be developed before long).
              I think it's the slower expansion, and limited railroad movement that have a large part in that feel.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I've tried twice now to run this earth18civs map and gotten a blue screen(in XP!!) both times. This is really the only scenario I wanted (save not being able to choose leaders or LESS than 18 civs) and it doesn't work. I adjusted my virtual memory settings to "system managed page file size" and will give it another shot right now. Rhye, is there any chance of getting this with the default 7 civs? All I care about is that the Americans are in there.
                Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

actually it seems to work to everybody....I'm not sure what the crash is about.
                  It works fine on my pc as well.

Does standard map with 9 civs do the same?
                  Last edited by Rhye; October 28, 2005, 20:02.

Comment

no just this one.
                    Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

try to delete some civs from the WBS and see if something changes....
                      you can see the differences if you open both this Earth and the standard one

Comment

Can someone tell me how I can use this map for a hotseat-game ?

I just don't seem to get it - whatever I try, I can't get it running as a hotseat-game...

Comment

Well it does work now. I didn't change anything in the WBS just my virtual memory settings. Before my page file had a max size of 1536MB and now I set it to "system managed". Also, instead of typing my first name for my leaders' name, I just used the system name. I wonder if there was some problem w/ the earth map autosaving over my other game saves?

Oh, the eath18civs map does work but just now I had it crap out on me. No BSOD thank goodness but civ IV just quit out to the desktop. I gotta go to work right now so I'll investigate further in the morning.

Comment

works fine, just played half the night as Elisabeth. Great map!

Comment

Looks great, I might play this as my next game
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X