Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're in firefox, you can go to the Add-ons page (under Tools) and set flash to "ask"
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• As it's likely to be noticed very soon, 2 posters have been banned.

Ben Kenobi - for personal attacks based on race. 4 months.

Kidicious - for derogatory comments about women/women's issues/feminism after warnings about the same. 2 months.

It brings me no pleasure to have to ban anyone from an already slow site, but we do need to observe that there still are some rules here. Mean spirited use of stereotypes or attacks based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexuality are against the rules. While there is some gray area in there where friendly jokes, consensual flaming, or mocking of a position can be acceptable, we moderators/admins use our best judgement as to when the line has been crossed. In these two cases we are in agreement that it has been crossed.

If anyone has a question as to the rules or this ruling this is the place for them. Please, no taunting of posters who are not able to respond at this time.

Comment

• Wow, it's gunna be quiet around here.

Any chance of links? It'd be nice to know just what it takes to get a banning.

Comment

• Kid's posts are over the course of the last couple months (and then early this year) and are still all there. None of them on their own would warrant a banning but in aggregate and with the previous warning on the topic it reached the threshold.

Ben's posts have been deleted as we don't want that on the forum. Just don't attack or belittle someone based on their race (or other protected aspect of their being).

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
            Wow, it's gunna be quiet around here.

Let's wait and see eh, there's been a theory that activity has been low because of every thread turning into a massive ****fest, so it'll be interesting to see if things actually improve now and people post more as a result.

Comment

• To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Hey welcome back SAVA. Happy Holiday
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    WOO.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I missed you guys.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• We missed you too (but we'll aim better next time).

Comment

• Delightful news.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Guy, do you post on Deadspin at all? I saw someone with your avatar on that site.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                              Let's wait and see eh, there's been a theory that activity has been low because of every thread turning into a massive ****fest, so it'll be interesting to see if things actually improve now and people post more as a result.
                              Yes. You won't attract many new posters or encourage long-term posters with those types posts covering the forum. What a bunch of ****wits!
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Kiddy was pissing me off more than BK for once. BK at least ****posts about more than one topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X