Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do the happiness buildings work in Galciv2 DA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do the happiness buildings work in Galciv2 DA?

Guts please!

I just find it hard to decide when to go to for income enhancing buildings and when for farms, morale plays a big part in the decision making process, so any help will be appreciated.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

I have always found that they are not going to be enough, if you let the pop get too large. I tend to not put farms on food bonus tiles as the pop just gets to much to keep happy.

I put up any happiness structure I can and grab any resource that will boost it.

I will admit, I have not played all that much of DA so far, but near as I can tell it is the same story as GC1. Happiness is harder than anything, except maybe econ.

Comment

I think everyone will have a different take on this, but I personally go for income first. I try to keep the population cap under control, so I don't crazy with farms.

http://www.galciv2.com/

Comment

I would second that, well after I get up two factories.

Comment

I have a question. I just got GalCiv II as a christmas present and was playing it last night. Say I have 5 squares available to build things on earth.

Is it bad if I put merchants on all five? What happens when I want to build farms too, do they all overlay on top of each other or does the new building replace the old one?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

If you change the building type, the old one will be gone and the new one will be built. You actually have to Delete the old building though, before it will even let you do this.

Now, buildings automatically upgrade themselves as you research techs to enable better versions.

Comment

Be careful with farms as if you let the size get too large, it will be tough keeping it happy. I find that using food bonus tiles is one way to get too much pop.

Comment

Hmm, no wonder I had problems.

First I built all trade buildings.

Then I built food, and watched my population skyrocket.

Then I ploughed under the food for labs.

I had almost no taxes and 40 percent approval.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

First thing I would build is a factory. Home World gets two of them. A commerce and research and a happy structure are usually the way I do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X