I love Galciv!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Galciv!

I heard great things about this game. So, I downloaded the demo to see for myself.

WOW!

I absolutely love it! It did not take very long to learn. It is a lot of fun. And, I really like the moral decisions the game has to make. For example, when you encounter native life, and have to decide what to do. It is that kind of thing that really draws you in.

In a quick game just now, the United Planets convened, and asked how many techs should be spread around. I voted for 8, but 4 got the most votes, so I got 4 free techs the next turn. I am really impressed with how they did that. I was not expecting that kind of option in the UP.

I have only begun to scratch the surface, but it looks amazing. There seems like there is a really good diplomacy, but alos government stuff, domestic sutff too. I can't wait to explore the entire demo.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Hey! I downloaded the demo too but so far I haven't had time to play it. It certainly sounds good, especially the voting/UP stuff!
    "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
    "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Welcome to the club.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Glad you like it. We're working on the free expansion pack too and it's got a lot of neat stuff in there.

Comment

Like that rotating, 3-D galaxy map you've always promised us, right? Right?

*teeheehee*
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

That's VITAL! Way more important than gameplay...

Comment

While it would be a cool addition to the game GalCiv really doesn't need it.
              signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Sorry, I needed a sarcastic smiley for my last post. MOO3 had this feature and spent mega amounts of time on it instead of making sure the game actually worked.

Comment

Working...
                X