No announcement yet.

Thanks to EU III . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, thats a very good example of what i have no interest in doing in Vicky (or anyhow else for that matter). But if it floats your boat, thats your choice to make, of course. Just allow me one or two comments:

1) Being able to invade france upto Paris in the 1840´s with an italian state is historically so out of line, that, if i did that, i´d either feel like cheating or that the game is crap. I decide, i make the game good for me, by not going too far, even if i can.
    You have no idea how long it took me to work out this line, through trial and error. I've been waxed and bankrupted by France, many, many times. Wait later, and France gets too strong. This line was the first where I was able to expand as Italy into France successfully at this point in time.

2) Taking Paris and making France pay is hugely overpowered and makes it the milking cash-cow, that can pay for pretty much everything for any human (solo-)player nation neighboring it. If you add others to that, paying you as well, it gets rediculous.
    It's a necessary part of the game, as France is allied with SP

3) Is it anywhere near realistic, that Italy could have somehow conquered Japan and Korea, and from there went on with 100 (!) divisions of korean troops to conquer china as well (and succeed)? I´d take Korea, allright. Maybe at some point late in the game satelite Japan and expanded Korea to Mandschuria or whatnot. I simply wouldnt wanna do the other stuff - not my cup of tea.
    Oh, it's just I have a specific goal, WC.

The only limitations I have are no violating peace treaties, no beads for manhattan, no tariffs, no bankruptcies and no tech trading.

I am not claiming, that my ´style´ was the better one - just the one i prefer to play and like my playmates to play as well. But in MP, if you got that far, you´d get in trouble anyways i guess...
    Oh, as MP, I try to play according to the style of the nation I play.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Just got EU 3 complete.... THIS GAME ROCKS
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Make sure to check out the mods too, some gems there to be found. Magna Mundi f.ex. gives the game a whole new layer.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Still trying to beat the snot out of France for the moment... mods will come later. But thanks !
          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
          X