Spore Screenshots [Many images warning]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more pictures?
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Well I just posted pics of an alien abduction....... of ME!

Comment

I understand that. Allow me to be more specific.

First time I play Spore, I make the Doogies. I start them in the cell stage, and work their way up to the Noble and Powerful Doogie Space Empire.

Next time I play spore, I make the Bobbies. I start them in the cell stage, and work their way up to the Powerful and Majestic Bobbies Dominion, who has to regularly deal with the Noble and Powerful Doogie Space Empire.

Third time I play spore, I make the GortGorts. I start them in the cell stage, and work their way up to the Forceful Alliance of the GortGorts, who has to regularly deal with the Noble and Powerful Doogie Space Empire and the Powerful and Majestic Bobbies Dominion.

Fourth time I play spore, I make the Wahoos. I start them in the cell stage, and work their way up to the Allied Band of the Wahoo Traders, who has to regularly deal with the Noble and Powerful Doogie Space Empire, the Powerful and Majestic Bobbies Dominion, and the Forceful Alliance of the GortGorts.

But from what you've seen, is there any way to wipe everything back to its pristine state, so that my fifth creature (say, the Puggles) are the only me-generated content in the universe? Not only would it be annoying to have to deal with each of my other species, but if my other creatures have explored everything, I'll see nothing new with other creatures.
        It's a CB.
        --
        SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
          Not finding it hard but I am playing on EASY. There's three levels: easy, normal and hard.
          That's cheating

I've started two games on hard:

1. If it moves, kill it then eat it... it's all about killings baby, peace is for wussies. I've lost count of the number of extinct species
          2. Make peace not war. Everybody who can become your friend, becomes your friend. At the end of the tribal stage I had killed maximum 20 creatures

The civilization phase is killing me though. In both games within five minutes another civilization had taken over all other cities on the island, while I haven't been able to take even one city. Maybe I should try easy just to get the hang of the civilization phase
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
            Dale, perhaps you could break this thread into separate ones covering the individual stages. 'Tis a bit pic-heavy. Too much to drool over all at once...
            I have created a thread for each phase. Those who has the game can post info and screenshots there for each phase (don't post ufo pictures in the cell phase, etc ). This thread is quite impossible to find useful information in because of all the pictures

Nice pictures btw

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

That's cheating

I've started two games on hard:

1. If it moves, kill it then eat it... it's all about killings baby, peace is for wussies. I've lost count of the number of extinct species
              2. Make peace not war. Everybody who can become your friend, becomes your friend. At the end of the tribal stage I had killed maximum 20 creatures

The civilization phase is killing me though. In both games within five minutes another civilization had taken over all other cities on the island, while I haven't been able to take even one city. Maybe I should try easy just to get the hang of the civilization phase
              How you play determines how agressive other species, tribes, civs, planets are against you. So in my first game I did what you do. Eat everything. By Space, I couldn't leave my home planet without someone invading (f*cking annoying!!!!!!). However this game, I've been nice to half the others and I'm adaptable, and at least half the tribes and civs have started off friendly with me before we meet.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalSpark
                I understand that. Allow me to be more specific.

First time I play Spore, I make the Doogies. I start them in the cell stage, and work their way up to the Noble and Powerful Doogie Space Empire.

Next time I play spore, I make the Bobbies. I start them in the cell stage, and work their way up to the Powerful and Majestic Bobbies Dominion, who has to regularly deal with the Noble and Powerful Doogie Space Empire.

Third time I play spore, I make the GortGorts. I start them in the cell stage, and work their way up to the Forceful Alliance of the GortGorts, who has to regularly deal with the Noble and Powerful Doogie Space Empire and the Powerful and Majestic Bobbies Dominion.

Fourth time I play spore, I make the Wahoos. I start them in the cell stage, and work their way up to the Allied Band of the Wahoo Traders, who has to regularly deal with the Noble and Powerful Doogie Space Empire, the Powerful and Majestic Bobbies Dominion, and the Forceful Alliance of the GortGorts.

But from what you've seen, is there any way to wipe everything back to its pristine state, so that my fifth creature (say, the Puggles) are the only me-generated content in the universe? Not only would it be annoying to have to deal with each of my other species, but if my other creatures have explored everything, I'll see nothing new with other creatures.
                Yes, you have to deal with previous incarnations of your creatures.

I have no idea if there is a "clean slate" button. I hope there is too.

BTW, I think the chances of meeting one of your other creatures in space is not high. It's MASSIVE, and I mean that. Plus, your planets start on different arms of the spiral galaxy.

Comment

Drat. So you can't delete saves?

Oh, here's another question... In the Creature Creator, the +Health parts (Shellshard, Osteoflippy,Hydroxylappetite,Triterraflops) and the eyes-on-stalks parts(Stalkgazer,Meanstalk,Periscoptic,Peduncledun k) flop around a lot and don't animate well. Does this still happen in the full game, from what you can tell?
                  It's a CB.
                  --
                  SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

My Argonis creature has eyes on stalks and shellshards and they're fine. They must have fixed in the game, cuz yeah I remember in CC it was a bit of a problem.

I haven't tried/seen a trunk creature yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalSpark
                      Drat. So you can't delete saves?
                      I don't know if it's an easy way to delete saves, but all saves are stored in (IIRC) username\AppData\SPORE.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                        How you play determines how agressive other species, tribes, civs, planets are against you. So in my first game I did what you do. Eat everything. By Space, I couldn't leave my home planet without someone invading (f*cking annoying!!!!!!). However this game, I've been nice to half the others and I'm adaptable, and at least half the tribes and civs have started off friendly with me before we meet.
                        But everybody was aggressive even in my peaceful game

Comment

Oh yes, there is a problem with the AI in space. Definitely. But there's been a direct comparison between HOW aggressive the AI is to how aggressive you are in earlier stages.

Comment

I haven't gotten to the Space phase on hard yet (but then I haven't tried the last two days), but in Civilization phase there is no difference in how aggressive the AI is. At least I didn't see any difference. In my peaceful game I couldn't get "higher up" in the history line, while in the aggressive game I couldn't get "further down". Both games were as different as possible, but that didn't make any difference in the Civ phase

Comment

In the space phase, aggressivity is high, beleive me. At least the one time I've been there so far. I got one ally, which only was good at getting problems on his problems he expected me to take care of, and one big, ugly warmongerer who attacked me quite soon and two smaller civs who attacked me some time after. Then my governement thought it was a good idea to expand into a fourth civ who was on the other side of all my enemies. Which were everywhere by that point really. My ally thought I was handsome though.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                              X