Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spore Screenshots [Many images warning]

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Okay I'm now at the start of Civ (just hit Evolve to Civ). This is still my first game (didn't restart) and still learning all the controls.

Cell plays like a pure arcade. Swim around, eat food (other animals if a carnivore) and avoid being eaten. Along the way you get power ups (new "bits") which you can add to your creature when you mate (various points along the way). BTW, even though they are blured (not attackable on your level) animals on the levels above and below can attack you. So avoid any blured open mouths.

Creature is a typical FPS. Walk around, attack or charm other creatures, and if you attack/charm enough of the species then you gain points and new "bits". Once again, mating allows you to add new bits to your creature. It's interesting to note that fleeing is a very useful tactic here, till you get stronger.

Tribe was a lot of fun. Plays like Command & Conquor. Build up your base, collect food (being a carnivore I could collect fish or hunt) and build an army of either soldiers or musicians. You can either destroy a village, or charm it using musicians with different instruments. I charmed (allied) the first tribe I met, destroyed the second, charmed the third and destroyed the rest. Each tribe you charm/destroy opens new buildings, pop slots and clothes. Yes, CLOTHES! You can even clothe your tribe! AWESOME!

I'm still only halfway through Civ, but I can tell you this is my fav phase so far. The game just gets better and better! The Civ phase plays a bit like RoN, where the regions have a target to control the region. If the region has a spice depost, build a spice mine on it to own the region. But defend it! If it's a city you can either attack or trade with it. Attacking a city with military is conquoring whereas by trading with a city you can eventually buy it. I haven't taken that route, I took the "kick yo ASS" route!

I'll post a heap of screenies now.
    Last edited by Dale; September 2, 2008, 09:02.

Comment

WOOOO!!!
      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

More please?
        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

What settings are your graphics at?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            What settings are your graphics at?
            Medium (Nvidea 8800, high-end Centrino Duo, Vista Home Ultimate, 2 GB RAM). I've bumped it up to High for Civ, and it's still playing smooth.

By default the graphics setting starts at Low!!!! So I upped it to Medium first off thinking that it may overload on High.

Comment

Nice
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

This is with High graphics setting now. Still playing smoothly. Have a look at my tank! Woohoo!

Oh, you mine SPICE for currency. Dune anyone?

Comment

Space phase yet?

Oh, and can you rename Boron to something else?

OOH, and is that you attacking the Bitey Nation or are you the Bitey Nation?

Comment

My planet is Boron (there's a random name generator or type your own). My species is Bitey (custom name of course). So my nation is the Bitey Nation.

Tonight I'll work through the Civ phase and hopefully get to Space. So expect a lot of screenies tonight.

Comment

The game has released?!
                      be free

Comment

I got it early as where I pre-ordered got it and called their pre-order people. They were told pretty quick to stop it, but I got there in time to pick it up before they stopped.

Comment

$80 Galactic Edition only.
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Why are you holding back, the real question is, what is the Civilization age like?
                            be free

Comment

I'm holding back because I'm at work! You'll have to wait another 9 hours till I can play.

Comment

Working...
                              X