No announcement yet.

Spore Screenshots [Many images warning]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay last images of the night, cuz I'm tired and wanna go to bed (even though the call of Spore is STRONG!!!!). To be honest, I haven't felt the call to stay and play as strong as this since Civ2, so that's a GOOD thing!

Now to the pics:
    - Aircraft designer
    - Adding turrets to city walls
    - Gold shields show defense rating
    - Plee for help..... DENIED!
    - First aircraft in the world hit the skies!
    - In the meantime whilst I was building up my army and defenses, Blue took over Light Blue, and then Green DoWed Blue. Blue has two cities whilst Green has three and I have four. My allies still only have the one red city surrounded by my territory. Anyways, not wanting Green to have air yet, I steal this Blue city from them. They'd done all the work, and since my navy was there anyway (from the battle with Pink) I just took the city. * 3 pics

Comment

I've expanded the first post to add in my comments on Civ phase.

Comment

Are you finding this game difficult? You don't seem to be having much trouble.

It's good to finally get a sense of what this game entails in full scope (tho you have not done space yet), so thanks for that.

Seems like you're enjoying the game, must have its addictive points to it.

What is the most fun part?
        be free

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
          (...the call of Spore is STRONG!!!!). To be honest, I haven't felt the call to stay and play as strong as this since Civ2, so that's a GOOD thing!
          OK, you've convinced me: my son's birthday is in a couple of weeks, so I'm gonna get this for him (I may even have to play a few turns myself, just to "see what its about".... ).

Some questions:

1) On the right side of the screen pics I see a list of military vehicles: is this your total military strength, or is it just the units you have at that city.

2) The city layout grid looks like you can place various buildings at different locations within the "walls": is this correct?

3) How big is naval warfare in this game? I see you have some naval units, but didn't see any screen pics of any naval action.

Anyways, good reading so far: look forward to more posts and more pics!

D

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
            Are you finding this game difficult? You don't seem to be having much trouble.

It's good to finally get a sense of what this game entails in full scope (tho you have not done space yet), so thanks for that.

Seems like you're enjoying the game, must have its addictive points to it.

What is the most fun part?
            Not finding it hard but I am playing on EASY. There's three levels: easy, normal and hard.

Yeah it does have its addictiveness. I think a lot of it comes down to the "cuteness" factor. As in there's a lot of cutesy factors in the game (as you can see from the screenies). But most of the addictiveness is seeing your creature progress. Seeing the milestones in the history and stuff. There is a LOT of positive happy feedback in the game. For instance, give your creature the hat he wants and he dances around and WOOP WOOP's and stuff. The creature actually tells you in its feedback what it wants to wear. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan

OK, you've convinced me: my son's birthday is in a couple of weeks, so I'm gonna get this for him (I may even have to play a few turns myself, just to "see what its about".... ).

Some questions:

1) On the right side of the screen pics I see a list of military vehicles: is this your total military strength, or is it just the units you have at that city.

2) The city layout grid looks like you can place various buildings at different locations within the "walls": is this correct?

3) How big is naval warfare in this game? I see you have some naval units, but didn't see any screen pics of any naval action.

Anyways, good reading so far: look forward to more posts and more pics!

D
              It's a great game, you won't be disappointed. But buy standard, not galactic edition. Personally I don't really think the extras are worth the extra money.

1. That's total military strength.
              2. There are a number of hotspots you can place buildings on. Certain buildings have certain affects depending what they "link" to (buildings next to each other). These links are visible in the city designer. The links show happiness increase/decrease and revenue. So there is some flexibility in where to place buildings, but there is a pattern.
              3. Not much so far. Bit disappointed really. But that might change if I play a harder level. I think as you play harder you'll have more agressive tribes to contend with.

Comment

There doesn't seem to be a lot of technological development in the game. Am I right?
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Correct

Comment

Comment

This morning I thought I'd take you to other areas of the game.

- Sporeapedia showing the most recently downloaded creatures. This downloading is automatic, and seems to be pretty minor. As you can see, in a couple of days the game has only DL'ed 20 user content.
                      - My creations! I have no idea why some are doubled up so don't ask.
                      - Achievements section * 4 pics (there's a LOT more than I pictured)
                      - Creaters. From the top: creature (5 different phases), building (hall, house, factory, entertainment), vehicle (military, economic, religious), ship (same), aircraft (same), spaceship (same)
                      - And lastly some fun with the aircraft designer. You can download this aircraft now.

IF you have the full game.

Comment

Comment

Most of the last screenshots deal with my war with Blue and Green. There's some diplomacy responses in there too.

Diplomacy in the Civ phase is very limited. Either trade, insult or gift with other civs. Pretty bland really.

Take a look at the last series of pics, dealing with the ICBM. The ICBM is an end-phase weapon. It's "the cleanup weapon". It costs a FORTUNE but when launched it nukes the remainder cities in the game that aren't yours (thus changing them to you). A good feature as then your not chasing a lone vehicle around the planet.

Very cool animations!!!!

Anyways, it's onto Space!

Comment

Comment

not working :sad:
                              First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                              Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Is now. Pics were still uploading.

The above is my history (Civ phase) and then the spaceship builder.

Comment

Working...
                                X