No announcement yet.

Console Wars IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't tell if this is real or not. It's definitely possible!

Either way, it is AWESOME.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• So about 180 people have rated the Nintendo E3 conference on IGN's Wii forums. 68% of them gave it a 1/10...

Then there's other polls now asking how many "core gamers" are giving up on the Wii now that they're going "all casual"...

The plot thickens! The backlash is coming.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• CHECK YOUR ****ING FACTS

Fortunately for Nintendo its casual audience isnt the one that's watching its E3 presentation live online..

Comment

• Re: CHECK YOUR ****ING FACTS

Originally posted by Wiglaf
          Fortunately for Nintendo its casual audience isnt the one that's watching its E3 presentation live online..
          Isn't that the problem? The only people watching the E3 conferences are the core gamers, and all Nintendo did was talk about casual games.

Duh? Go sit in the corner with GePap, Wiggy.

Comment

• I loaded up on MSFT stocks yesterday
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• PS3 has movie rentals too that can sync with the psp. Explain to me how 360 beats this again?

Isn't that the problem? The only people watching the E3 conferences are the core gamers, and all Nintendo did was talk about casual games.

Duh? Go sit in the corner with GePap, Wiggy.
              If you haven't noticed by now, Nintendo doesn't care about what these hardcore dorks think. Their console is #1, they don't need to do anything more than cute crap.

Comment

• Sony's conference...

They demoed Resistance 2. Apparently they're ripping off Bioshock's art deco design.
                Demoing LittleBigPlanet.
                Announced $29.99 greatest hits: Resistance, MotorStorm, Warhawk, Call of Duty 3, Fight Night, NFS: Carbon, RSV, and Assassin's Creed; Oblivion: Elder Scrolls, and Ninja Gaiden

Announced a new PS2 bundle with Lego Batman and the Justice League animated movie for $149

They announced that soon, all PS3 games will support "single sign on". As in, they're coming to 2002 Xbox Live with a single, persistent account across all games.

Spent 10 minutes talking about how awesome PSN is cause people can download **** from there. Again, so 2002.

They also just unveiled their movie/TV download service, a la XBLM:
                12:23: very pleased to unveil the movie/tv download service "This isn't just about Sony content" "PSN's video delivery service is open for business for all studios" Sony, Fox, MGM, Lions Gate, Warner, Disney, Paramount, Turner, Funimation. Standard and High-def rental and sell-through TV starts at $1.99. offering both rental and sales. 9.99-14.99 for purchases, 2.99 to 5.99 for rentals, "this content is portable" download on PS3, bring on PSP "put on multiple devices at the same time" Eric Lempel is taking the stage to walk us through it

12:26: he's got his hotmail address on the screen -- we're totally going to email him later. New tab in the playstation store that says video. it should be familiar to anyone using the Playstation store today. There's a lot more room for movie studios, wink wink. "also, screen changes to give you a nice branded expereince for that" studio. $2.99 100 minute = 1565 MBs. preview pops-up, and you can full-screen it

12:28: No subtitles, at least for the movie being shown. incorporated progressive downloads so a user can watch a minute after starting the download. You can sort by genre. Cloverfield, HD rental is $5.99. SD purchase is $14.99 (which is the limit -- no HD purchases?) You can get all the same content on the PC PlayStation Store, and sync to PSP

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
                  PS3 has movie rentals too that can sync with the psp. Explain to me how 360 beats this again?
                  They have far more variety and they can sync with the Zune. They also have HD content, Sony's is SD only. You can also invite up to 7 friends on XBL to watch the same movie at the same time on the 360 (and chat with them at the same time).

The PS3's movie rentals are also US-only, while the 360 is international (like, Canada...)

Notice how Sony didn't say how many titles they have.

Comment

• They have the major studios. Netflix is a win for microsoft but their online katalog is really nothing special anyway.

My concern is wirelessly downloading/streaming movies. On demand does this instantly, the problem is wireless would be really slow.

Comment

They have the major studios. Netflix is a win for microsoft but their online katalog is really nothing special anyway.
                      It doesn't matter if they have the major studios, that doesn't instantly give them all of the movies.

And more importantly, Sony's giving DivX quality to their downloads while MS offers HD quality. Sony doesn't want to compete with Bluray, their download service is half-assed vs MS'.

Comment

• Bluray is differentiated by the picture quality and the special features...

Comment

• More Sony conference stuff:

Starting September, the $399 PS3 gets an 80GB drive instead of the current 40GB.

Now they're pulling out people to remind everyone how much power the PS3 has. They're not mentioning the fact that it means jack **** when the games look worse and run slower vs the 360 in the real world.

God of War 3 was announced for the holiday season this year. 100% CGI trailer, no gameplay...highly suspicious.

Comment

Bluray is differentiated by the picture quality and the special features...
                            I'm sorry, what? I don't understand the relevance of your comment.

I'm pointing out Sony's download service is half-assed so as to not threaten Bluray, while MS' is full out...this is in response to your question asking why MS' is better.

Comment

• New game announced, has potential:

12:58: We're about to see what Sucker Punch has been up to this whole time with Infamous. With infamous, you roam an open world as a superhero, putting you in a postition to ... save or destroy an entire city.

1:00: He can climb, jump, throw dudes, and shoot electricity out of his mitts. So infamous is coming in Spring 2009. This is gonna be a long winter. "You've all seen multiplayer online games, you've all played massively multiplayer games" Jack says even this will push the PS3 hardware. Andy Beaudoin from Zipper interactive. MAG = Massive Action Game. Zipper building on their experience from SOCOM. Buh. 256-player battles. We certainly hope this handles voice chat well. "MAG will deliver a sweeping battle expereince using only real players" 8-player squads. lead by people who are "proven" to be good leaders, character advancement tree to fine-tune your character. Groundbreaking large scale combat, intimacy of 8-player squad combat, and character growth

1:02: First glimpse video, here we come! This game will either be complete chaos or completely amazing.

As usual, trailer is fully CGI though...

Comment

• (a) bluray > downloads in quality and special features therefore no reason for sony to half ass store

(b) downloadable content is coming no matter what sony does with its pisspoor store, therefore no reason for sony to half ass store

so you are WRONG please take a number.

Comment

Working...
                                X