No announcement yet.

Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I can buy Prophecies for 29.99 online, or go to Walmart and get Nightfall and Prophecies for 39.99.

Seems like a no brainer.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
      I soloed EotN, but my hero builds are flawlessly tuned so that might be a factor.
      Ditto.

I could have slept through most of EOTN and my heroes/hench would have handled it just fine.

At most, I'ld have to switch up my team after seeing what an area had in store in order to counter it. I don't recall that happening much/at all, however.

I think there might be some specific optional areas that would be a might difficult to hero/hench, but storyline: no problem.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Yeah, you wont be H/Hing some of the dungeons, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
          Well, I can buy Prophecies for 29.99 online, or go to Walmart and get Nightfall and Prophecies for 39.99.

Seems like a no brainer.

ACK!
          Just remember there are no Heros with the Prophesies campaign, and that being the oldest, its probably the biggest ghost town right now.

For the extra 10 bucks, I really think you are better off getting Nightfall for the Heros, it will make completing the storyline much more "do-able" solo.
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I just broke down and bought Guild Wars Trilogy

Hope it is as good as it sounds

I will let you know
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

My guess is if you've not played anything similar before you'll have a blast.

I still think it's great - it's just with well over 1000 hours put in across the campaigns I kinda burnt out on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                I just broke down and bought Guild Wars Trilogy

Hope it is as good as it sounds

I will let you know
                We need your first player name, and generally what times you play Gramps, I may arrange to meet up with you
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Don't let con monk for you!!!!

But likely more especially now he'ld be a bit rusty to boot.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I would be very rusty monking, thats the truth

Mostly been playing the Ranger the few times Ive been on the last year or so.

Comment

This is tooo Cool!!!!

I am starting to put together a little understanding

LEVEL $ and am like a 49 year old kid!!

I accomplished the deed, 4 candles lit
                      found you can miss most all the creatures
                      OMG, I made a wrong turn and got caught between a dead end hallway/passageway with spiders and turned to leave and the whole place was crawling

ended up in awide open room with candles
                      and fought a crpyt friend, IIRC..very tuff

Now sold a bunch of items I picked up
                      and off to learn to be a ranger as a second proferssion

so many options here

Love it as oppossed to doing one set thing
                      Attached Files
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Gramps

Before you get out of pre searing, make sure you get a belt pouch, its a quest giver right outside of Ascalon city to your left as you exit. You have to bring him 5 scale fins I believe from the River Creatures just at the river to your left.

Also get your Res Sig from another quest giver also right outside of Ascalon City. You need to be in a group to do that.

And make sure you do all the profession quests, in your case Warrior to get all of your warrior "skills" like frenzy and heal from the above picture.

There is also one quest that gives you skill point. Its from one of the quest givers between Ascalon City and Sardalac Sanatarium.

ASt level 4 you should have a lot more skills and should equip them. Hit menu and the skills button I believe.

Comment

Bah. A belt is like 50 gold afterword.

The skill point quest would be the ditzy blond with the big hammer. AKA Devona.

Either don't have more skills yet, (or they would auto-equip) or he removed them for some bizaar reason. Talk to the first guy you met that gave you frenzy and heal sig, and he'll tell you of another trainer. Who should then tell you of a third.

Same for your secondary profession. Talk to them after the quest reward, and they'll tell you where to find a second trainer.

I could also mail you the guide. It's quite outdated with the skill info, and some of the mechanics, and the build recommendations are laughable, but most the quests/missions should be valid.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

It's best to spend as much time as you can in pre-searing. When I first started, I made an ele that left pre-searing at level 3, not knowing any better. I thought, "wow, this game is really tough." Although, that was kinda fun too. I still feel chills even when my high level characters go back to Ascalon.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Oh, and keep your black and white dyes. They are worth a lot of gold.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                                Bah. A belt is like 50 gold afterword.
                                Ya but he is a brand new player, 50 gold is a small fortune, and he should have to experience penny pinching before we help him out

Comment

Working...
                                X