No announcement yet.

Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itrs also appears the Austin studio is being closed and Tabula Rasa is going to the Guild Wars team:

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

And Dungeon Runners is in trouble.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Losing Jeff Strain is definately not good. Im not as familiar with Wyatt, but Im sure thats not a good thing either, with both going to "corporate", there impact on GW2 will be minimal.

Now I wonder if this shakeup is part of the reason for lack of any information coming out in the past several months for GW2?
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Undoubtedly.

Wyatt was the one that pushed for dial-up accessibility and the whole instancing format back in the beginning. Don't know what all his role evolved into.

Like I said, it all has me concerned. Blizzard did the same thing to Blizzard North a few years ago. Depending on whether you believe the folks that left, or the official Blizzard press, that may have resulted in delaying DiabloIII several years.

And frankly, what I've seen of Diablo III....

Well, some of the DII mods looked better and more original, frankly.

I'm a bit concerned GW2 will share a similar fate.

They still have O'Brien on the GW2 team for the time being, which is promising.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I guess only time will tell.

I am sort of in the mood for an EVE break, I might brush off the dust a bit in GW's in the next couple of weeks.

I still have to finish Nightfall with the Ranger

Comment

heh.

If you can put it off till November, I might be able to join you.
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

So, GuildWars is free online play?

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Yes, using an 8 person instanced model.

Comment

So, no.

ACK!

Comment

So, yes.
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                      So, yes.
                      Yes.

Comment

Maybe I'll buy then.

ACK!

Comment

GW: Pay for expansions one at a time ($30 each?), no persistent cost; you can only have 8 people in the 'fighting world' (outside of the towns).

Spike, is there a non-free online play version now with >8 instanced players???
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                            So, GuildWars is free online play?

ACK!
                            Originally posted by DrSpike
                            Yes, using an 8 person instanced model.

Comment

Free to play; towns are full of toons, form a party of up to 8 and head into instanced adventure/dungeon areas. That you are the only party in.

Thats it in a nutshell, its a tad bit more complicated than that depending upon where you are going and what you are doing but thats the Readers Digest Condensed Version.......
                              Last edited by conmcb25; September 21, 2008, 00:44.

Comment

So free, if I don't play multiplayer,

Screw that.

ACK!

Comment

Working...
                                X