No announcement yet.

Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which is why i enjoy d2 so much. it's mindless violence. coupled with the fact that i enjoy grinding for loot and experience...
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

hi ,

its not that bad , with all the expansion and the special collectors deal it goes very nice actually

seen much worse , but soon we should have a new type of guild wars

Have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Guild Wars Book Series

Latest Guild Wars Thread, I could find so it gets posted here:

We have seen many games get adapted and expanded into prose novel form over the years. We have seen a number of novels based on all of Blizzard's games over the years and other novels based on Halo, Command and Conquer and Doom, among others have been released.

Our sister site Massively, reporting from the Penny Arcade Expo, has revealed that ArenaNet's Guild Wars series of games will be getting their own series of novels. The three book series will be published by Pocket Books and are intended to fill in the story gap between the end of the original Guild Wars series of games and the upcoming full sequel Guild Wars 2, scheduled to launch sometime in 2009. No author or release dates for the novels were revealed.
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I'm pretty much just waiting for GW2 now.

Comment

Yeah, me too, not that I really have time to play anything deeper than Spore at the moment
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Given up WoWcrack then?

Comment

Yeah, after my raiding guild imploded after the guildleader ninjaed the entire guildbank, bought an epic flyer and changed server... I just couldn't be arsed looking for another guild. Warhammer Online anyone?
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

That sucks. Was it Mark?

Comment

Yikes.

As far as Guild Wars goes, I haven't played in a month or more other than to get pictures. (I intend to win the halloween art contest this year) I look forward to GW2 with trepidation, as I am highly suspect that I will actually have a PC powerful enough to play it. We are not planning to replace the PC, as both the wife and I have (free, I may add) laptops now, and aside from games, laptops fit us much better.

Perhaps I'll have a new and improved laptop capable of play by then, but I'm not holding my breath.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

My PC is lagging behind now too, as nothing's comes out to prompt me to upgrade for a while.

But there should be a critical mass before GW2 comes out I think.

Comment

I don't think the requirements will be that robust, they weren't for GW 1.
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Aye, it will be the video and/or sound card to be a hold-up, if anything, I suspect.

I'm a little concernd about Arenanet being 'consolidated' into the new "NC West" deal, though. Potential to screw up a good thing, there.
                          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                            Aye, it will be the video and/or sound card to be a hold-up, if anything, I suspect.

I'm a little concernd about Arenanet being 'consolidated' into the new "NC West" deal, though. Potential to screw up a good thing, there.
                            Linky?

FIRST I heard of this............

Comment

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

This means that the existing subsidiaries – including NC Interactive, NC Europe, NC Austin, and ArenaNet – will now be lead under the single moniker, which will temporarily remain NC West till a more permanent name can be decided on. The plan is to open NC West’s new headquarters in Seattle by the end of the year.

“We are confident that by combining our subsidiaries into a unified global organization under Chris Chung’s leadership, NC West will become a more powerful force to be reckoned with in the western MMO market,” said TJ Kim, NCSoft CEO. “Chris has become a guiding force within our company and has been extremely successful at every position he has held with us. His detailed first-hand knowledge of all aspects of our business is invaluable and will help establish NC West as a global leader.”
                              Jeff Strain and Patrick Wyatt are leaving the Arenanet/Guild Wars 2 team to become President/VP at the new NC West.

So, you're losing the Art director, and the Network director.

Plus, there was something in the air when Gaile left, as well. Just, not entirely "right". Probably just word of this all coming down.

I don't know, just a little concerned. Sounds like NCsoft is EITHER trying to split up the GW team to work differing projects and spread that success around a bit, OR putting all their eggs into the GW2 basket and trying to get a better grasp on it. Neither scenario is reassuring.
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Dam

GW is such a great game too, I had lots of hope for GW 2, other than my massive disappointment in mot being able to play a Dwarf, and basically having Dwarfs written out of the storyline.

Ill check out the links

Comment

Working...
                                X