Rock Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrSpike
    You have an Xbox - you can get it quite cheap now.
    Yeah, I know... But I played the demo of it, and I just can't play it for more than like 10 minutes -- I get really motion sick. I don't know what it is, 'cause this happens with very few games for me, and it's never been a game I really wanted to play before.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by vovan

Yeah, I know... But I played the demo of it, and I just can't play it for more than like 10 minutes -- I get really motion sick. I don't know what it is, 'cause this happens with very few games for me, and it's never been a game I really wanted to play before.
      that sucks.

I get very ill if I play halo3 for 5 minutes, but played through bioshock for hours at a time with no problems whatsoever.

I recently got CoD4, so haven't tested that out on my stomach yet...

The patch for bioshock adjusted the field of view a bit, maybe that would help you (or hurt, I don't know, I played through the old version)

Comment

Games making you feel sick sucks.

Comment

I think if you added MP, now, to Bioshock, it would be interesting (something simple, like TeamFortress type MP). Bioshock was fun, BUT it's no longer interesting once you play it three times or so... or for some of us after once. Certainly I'm against them spending pre-release time doing so, but if they added it as a post-release patch (or even purchasable addon) it would be interesting, no? I would enjoy some Team CTF with the Bioshock world...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Playing with powers would be fun for a bit I suppose but the combat isn't particularly advanced compared to dedicated MP games, like Cod4, so I don't think it would be particularly well suited. It likely wouldn't sell that well as DLC.

Games that stick to their strengths and don't try and be all things to all people tend to work out better in my experience.

Comment

I've had Rockband for about 2 weeks now. Now that i've done a run through of the game on guitar, I'm getting adventurous.

I suck at drums, but what I'm trying now is guitar and mic combo. With a little practice I think I can manage it, but its tricky. I keep catching myself not singing or not playing.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I've gone through easy on drums and it was easy, but i think there is somwthing wrong with my red drum, seems like it does not record hits or might be double hitting, not sure which, maybe I should tape it down like I see on Utube.

Never played guitar hero before, but the medium/normal tour is giving me no problems.

I put this in the spare bedroom a week ago to free up clutter space and have not taken it out since.

What is with the singing part, too easy?
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Singing is pretty darn easy on easy and medium. I can pass songs that I know and that are sort of in my range on expert. I've started drumming and singing at the same time when I play with my girlfriend -- she can't really handle the guitar above medium, so doing both keeps me interested at that difficulty.

I haven't read the whole thread-- anybody tried online multiplayer for PS3 yet?
                  The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                    I think 2-3 million by the end of the year will be easy. That demographic is large in the US, then you have the same demographics globally as well.
                    US sales are 1.1 million across PS2, PS3 and 360. So it looks as if I was right.

Comment

I did bump that down to 1-3 million in a later post.

I wonder if the worldwide sales were as good as in the US?
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

It's still 1 million across 3 platforms, not on 360.

Comment

I never said 360 only

Comment

You were still a touch optimistic.

Comment

You only posted US sales as well, I was talking total sales of the game. I'll admit defeat when the numbers are in.

Comment

So you are claiming sales across all platforms and all countries as the appropriate stat? In that case I wonder why you allowed yourself to be knocked down from 3 million to 1-3 million.

Comment

Working...
                                X