Rock Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ninot
    I find the Rock Band Guitar noisy as well, so that probably wont bother me excessively. I would be concerned if it broke on me though.
    I found it still noisy, though nothing compared the the chatterbox that the GH2 controller was.

What really bothered me was the drums. The controls are awkward at first but I really felt more natural palm slapping as opposed to using drum sticks, and the controller was very unresponsive to this method. The real problem though is that inevitably you push the drums further and further down from your height adjustment until it is painfully awkward. I guess this makes it more "real" though because drummers have problems with their rig sliding all over hte stage irl so whatever I guess.

Vocals are the biggest joke in the world though. You can sing in Esperanto and it doesn't matter just as long as you hit the notes right.

I think the whole thing is a bit of a gimmick and Rock Band is hopefully as far as this "genre" will go.
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

• As long as they keep releasing 3 songs a week, I don't mind if it is.

You can't take the game too seriously. If you can have fun at it with 3 other friends, and enjoy the experience of pretending to be a musician, than great! Otherwise, go play Halo 3 or whatever you prefer.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Yeah and that's fine ,I just meant I hope a bunch of companies don't try competing because then you could only get song x for a certain title or, god forbid, platform and that would just make the whole thing a god awful headache.
        Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
        Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

• Finally!

Finally!

I finally beat Foreplay/Long Time on hard drums!

I was stuck on that **** for over two months!

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Re: Rock Band

Rock band is the music video game. It allows the players to perform in virtual bands by providing up to four players with the ability to play three different musical instruments. In my opinion, it is very good game for all music lovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
              Finally!

Finally!

I finally beat Foreplay/Long Time on hard drums!

I was stuck on that **** for over two months!

I'm stuck on some hard GH songs at the moment too, so I know how you feel.

Comment

• The Rock Band 2 songlist was announced yesterday.

84 master recordings. It includes Devo. It includes Elvis Costello. It includes Joan Jett.

It includes BOB ****ING DYLAN.

Honestly, GH:WT will have to materialize a live performance by The Beatles--INCLUDING Zombie Lennon and Zombie Harrison--in my den to compete with this.

Comment

• And RB2 will support all of the original Rock Band songs also.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Including the friggen amazing The Who 12-pack that was made available today.

Been playing this **** all day.

Comment

• I've been meaning to bump this thread to ask a few RB questions, so glad to see it back on the first page.

In essence I'm really enjoying GH3 and want to try the RB drums as the vids on Youtube look great fun. I'm not interested in the vocals though (but please feel free to pipe up if you think I am missing something), and wont have other band members to play with.

So how good is the SP RB gameplay, considering I am likely to only play Guitar/Drums?

The other factor here is in the UK we are getting royally screwed on RB. The game itself is still £40 most places and the drums are around £60. With RB2 and GH4 coming out later this year I figure the competition and newer products will drive the prices down quite a bit. I have quite a few games to play so am inclined to wait.

But I still want to hear more thoughts on the game.

Comment

• At least 75% of my play is solo on drums. I love it. I can not stress this enough. I absolutely LOVE it. Outside of a telescope, this is the best gift my wife has ever given me.

I'm not big on singing either, BUT you can sing and play guitar or bass or drums at the same time, which adds quite a bit of challenge to it.

Nevertheless, I think your wisest coarse of action would be to wait until #2 comes out, get the improved drum kit, and then purchase the original game alone, as "almost all" of the original game's songs will be able to ported to and played in #2. (I imagine the "almost" qualifier refers to a cover of Aerosmith's "Train Kept A-Rollin'", due to their new GH3 game.)

Comment

• That being said, this game did not last long for me. I tidied up the room about 1.5 weeks after I purchased it. I put the drums and guitar in the spare bedroom where they have stayed for the last 7 months.

I also think that I have a borked drum kit, but I'm just too freakin' lazy to do anything about it. I think the drum kit ruined the experience for me (but did not find out that drum kits had issues until much later).

So now what is the point, if my kit is borked.

Maybe I'll look into getting the improved set with RB2, but the gameplay to me got old quick as it is just a twitch game.
                          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• I can just about play "Don't Look Back in Anger" on Hard and sing the vocals at the same time.

It brings back juvenile high school lyrics sung after too much beer in the upper school girls' dorms.

"So Sally can't wait, she must masturbate
                            As she's porkin' her gu-u-u-y...
                            Her beau sees and says:
                            'Don't be such a wanker, and don't be gay.' "

And our parents paid GBP 10,000 per year for this institutional inculcation, folks.
                            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• Question. I have Guitar Hero III for the Wii, along with the guitar plus Wiimote setup.

I was told that this is forward compatible with Rock Band for the Wii. But when I try to get the GH3 guitar to work, Rock Band thinks it's actually a microphone instead.

Is it possible to get GH3's guitar to work on Rock Band? Or do I need to buy another RB guitar?
                              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• Other players discovered at the game's launch that the Gibson Les Paul guitar controller bundled with the PlayStation 3 version of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is not compatible with the PlayStation 3 version of Rock Band, despite Harmonix stating that any controllers that followed the open-controller standard would work. While this incompatibility can be resolved through technical solutions, both Harmonix and Activision have cited the other party is at fault for failing to correct the incompatibility. Harmonix developed a patch to fix the issue, but it was blocked by Activision.[71] Activision states that MTV Games is unwilling to reach an agreement to pay Activision to use the Guitar Hero III technology in Rock Band.[72] This is the same case with the Wii's Les Paul peripheral.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X