Halo 3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiglaf
    Why are 90% of the good xbox games shooters.
    Web word processing, presentations and spreadsheets
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

OK, I skipped to this.
      CONCLUSION
      The perception that the Xbox 360 software library is mostly made up of shooters and/or mature rated games is incorrect. However, it is observable that first-person shooters and mature-rated content represent the highest rated games available relative to other genres and ratings on the Xbox 360.
      Most of the good games involve shooting stuff. 90% was clearly an exaggeration for effect..

Comment

I think it's far from the best shooter on the console. Rainbow Six, GOW and the GRAW games are better than this. When it comes to multiplayer, Warhawk is better than all of them.
        Warhawk

Keep beating that drum all you want, Aggie..Warhawk was a bust. It's nothing compared to Halo. The Halo 3 MP beta was still about 10x as popular as Warhawk. Halo 2's online play was still WAY more popular than Warhawk. And Halo 3's online play is, by all accounts, superior to Halo 2's.

No, Aggie, Warhawk can't hold a candle -- you're the only one I've seen who has dared make such a ridiculous claim. Warhawk's a mediocre multiplayer game at best. It's barely popular on the PS3 because, well, there's nothing else...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why do you go by popularity to determine whether something is good? That is bull****.

Comment

OK, I skipped to this.

Most of the good games involve shooting stuff. 90% was clearly an exaggeration for effect..

It is according to how you define good, if he had used 85% and up the majority of good games would be non shooters. But, any way you say it the perception that the 360 is just shooters is wrong.
            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

No one ever said it was "just" shooters. Most of the console's blockbusters -- eg the ones highly rated that also sell like wild -- such as GRAW 1-2, Halo, GoW, Call of Duty 2-4, Rainbow 6 Vegas, and Bioshock are all shooters. This isn't including a lot of the violent games eg Crackdown and Dead Rising that technically aren't FPS.

Violent shooting games make up a vital part of the 360's lineup and constitute the strong majority of the console's blockbusters. Cannot argue with that unless you check your facts first.

Comment

Why do you go by popularity to determine whether something is good? That is bull****.
                I'm not using popularity to determine if it's good. By all accounts, Warhawk is mediocre -- reviews, sales, online popularity.

What do you use -- I'm curious. If you want to contest the claim that Warhawk is mediocre, then go ahead...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Metacritic gives it in the mid 80s, which is fairly good. It's what Halo 3 should have gotten, anyway.

Comment

I'm not using popularity to determine if it's good. By all accounts, Warhawk is mediocre -- reviews, sales, online popularity.
                    You managed to contradict yourself in only 2 sentences.

Comment

• Originally posted by flash9286
                      It is according to how you define good, if he had used 85% and up the majority of good games would be non shooters. But, any way you say it the perception that the 360 is just shooters is wrong.
                      Xbox 360 games above 85%:

Bioshock
                      Halo 3
                      Gears of War
                      Oblivion
                      Guitar Hero II
                      GRAW
                      Forza 2
                      Call of Duty 2
                      Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
                      Rainbow Six
                      NHL 08
                      Project Gotham Racing 2
                      Geometry Wars
                      Burnout Revenge
                      Fight Night Round 3
                      Splinter Cell: Double Agent
                      Dead or Alive 4
                      Dead Rising
                      FEAR

That's 12 games for 360 over 85% that aren't shooters.

Wii games above 85%:
                      Zelda: Twilight Princess
                      Resident Evil 4
                      Metroid Prime 3
                      Super Paper Mario

That's 2 games for the Wii over 85% that aren't shooters.

PS3 games above 85%:
                      Oblivion
                      Ninja Gaiden: Sigma
                      NHL 08
                      Resistance: Fall of Man
                      Rainbow Six
                      Virtual Fighter 5
                      GRAW 2

That's 4 games for the PS3 over 85% that aren't shooters.

Looks like if you like variety in your games, the 360 is the place to be.

Check your facts indeed, Wiggy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
                        How is that a contradiction?

A game can have high sales, but it can die off in online play pretty quickly. There is no contradiction, just a critical failure in your analytical abilities.

Online popularity (eg, how many people keep playing it in the days after they buy it) and sales (word of mouth sales, for instance) do go a long way in factoring into how good the game's multiplayer is. They are not the only factor, but they are part of it. Your statement implied that I only used popularity to determine how good it is.

As I said, Warhawk is mediocre at best across the board.

Comment

Metacritic gives it in the mid 80s, which is fairly good. It's what Halo 3 should have gotten, anyway.

Nice, Wiggy. Nice.

Even the weakest reviews you quoted for Halo 3 were significantly higher.

As I said, Warhawk is not in the same league as Halo.

Comment

That's my line

Comment

No one ever said it was "just" shooters. Most of the console's blockbusters -- eg the ones highly rated that also sell like wild -- such as GRAW 1-2, Halo, GoW, Call of Duty 2-4, Rainbow 6 Vegas, and Bioshock are all shooters. This isn't including a lot of the violent games eg Crackdown and Dead Rising that technically aren't FPS.

Violent shooting games make up a vital part of the 360's lineup and constitute the strong majority of the console's blockbusters. Cannot argue with that unless you check your facts first.
                              Now your just not making sense. First you argue about shooters making up a majority of the "good games" for the 360, now you switch to how well a game sales. As Asher and me have already proven a majority of the "good games" on the 360 aren't shooters. Who cares if the "blockbusters" on the 360 are shooters, the fact that matters is that the 360 provides a variety of "good games", even if these games don't sell well they are still "good" and available to play on the 360.

Comment

• First you argue about shooters making up a majority of the "good games" for the 360, now you switch to how well a game sales
                                The 360 has what, one good RPG? And a couple good racing and sports games. The real innovation -- and the sales and the astronomical reviews -- come in the shooter genre. Go trudge up another bizarre google docs study and report back. Or start naming some awesome 360 games that don't involve shooting.
                                Last edited by Wiglaf; September 29, 2007, 20:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X