No announcement yet.

Halo 3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need help to understand this and I am going to provide it, and this is the last time. It is beyond obvious that the number does not account for people who leave their consoles on XBL all night. Or hardcore gamers who play all day and night. So now all we have is the 2.7 unique gamers figure. But wait--that's like 95% of people who bought the game? We are supposed to believe that? Of course not...it is much lower. So they include international sales...to make up that 2.7 million person figure.

My hypothesis that only ~70% of US gamers play online is still intact, thanks for the psychoanalysis but the joke's on you. Case rested.

Comment

• I'm sure there are some gamers that spent 2 hours online. I'm sure others have spent 80 hours online. The average is 14.8.

The point is, 2.7 million unique users have played online. Regardless of hours played.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
        You need help to understand this and I am going to provide it, and this is the last time. It is beyond obvious that the number does not account for people who leave their consoles on XBL all night. Or hardcore gamers who play all day and night. So now all we have is the 2.7 unique gamers figure. But wait--that's like 95% of people who bought the game? We are supposed to believe that? Of course not...it is much lower. So they include international sales...to make up that 2.7 million person figure.

My hypothesis that only ~70% of US gamers play online is still intact, thanks for the psychoanalysis but the joke's on you. Case rested.
        Even if "only ~70% of US gamers play online", this discredits your statement that most people buy Halo 3 for the SP.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
          I'm sure there are some gamers that spent 2 hours online. I'm sure others have spent 80 hours online. The average is 14.8.

The point is, 2.7 million unique users have played online. Regardless of hours played.
          But a lot of people spend zero hours and they don't bring down the average. I think I win this debate because of that.

Comment

But a lot of people spend zero hours and they don't bring down the average. I think I win this debate because of that.
            If they spent 0 hours, they don't factor into the 2.7 million people who played online, Wiggy...

Comment

• Damn this. If you can find for me the total number of Halo 3 units sold internationally and in the US, and divide that by 2.7 million and tell me what the % is, then that would settle this once and for all.

It won't be higher than like 40%...which will validate my point and end this debate in my favor.

Comment

• Figures aren't out yet, officially.

VGChartz has Halo 3 sales, worldwide, at 3.84 million. But that isn't restricted to sales just last week.

What.s 2.7 / 3.84? Hint: It's over 70%.

Comment

• Yes but just barely, and I don't think any of my estimates were too far off so

Comment

Yes but just barely, and I don't think any of my estimates were too far off so
                    They were way off if you said "most" don't buy it for MP.

Comment

• You're right for now, but when they have those officials figures I'll be sure to revisit this thread..

Comment

Clearly no one spends 14 hours a week gaming online.
                        Given the rankings I've seen on some players, several have spent 4-6 a day since release...

Comment

• It's really not worth getting in the middle of tweedle-dum and tweedle-dee here.

Comment

• be free

Comment

• Comment

• Wiglaf, you're digging yourself a grave here, don't forget, the world is made up of a lot of idiots. How else do you think publishers make so much money?

How often does a smart gamer buy a game? Not often I can be sure of that.
                                be free

Comment

Working...
                                X