No announcement yet.

Imperium Nova Restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen some of your facilities on planets within my area, so we aren't that far off. Still, 1 mile out of range is the same as a million miles out of range. The only psi house near me is also too far away for me to make agreements with.

In relation to this, if you move your home planet, does your available area move with it?
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Well looks like you've got a good chunk of planets to monopolize the psi on, but they're pretty poor. You'll need another sphere eventually. Maybe go into tech and work with Lehrer?

Well where you are its hard to move to a good planet without loosing some of the planets that you already have...
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Ah ok, so I can move my area but I don't get to extend it. How do you work with someone in tech rather than directly compete with them?

EDIT: Also, I have been approached to enter an alliance as the junior member of its ruling three. Is there any downside to alliances?
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          Ah ok, so I can move my area but I don't get to extend it. How do you work with someone in tech rather than directly compete with them?

EDIT: Also, I have been approached to enter an alliance as the junior member of its ruling three. Is there any downside to alliances?
          I'm a little confused by what you mean. If you move your homework your radius of operations will remain the same, (any planet within five square of you) which can mean you get more planets in your range depending on where to you go.

What might be worth going for is transporation if not many people are in your area are doing that since that expands your range by one. If you do that and move your homework a bit to the NW you should have more planets.

As far as cooperating in tech goes that means both of you building craploads of research buildings.

For alliances, there's no mechanical downside to being in one.
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

My House seems to be finally getting some air under its wings, I have three four mining complexes planned that I want to build as soon as possible and accordingly quite a few excellent deposits to exploit. I should be making something like 8k a month in profit after all's said and done, and barring any huge price fluctuations it'll remain that way for 1-2 years game time. Then I just need to figure out a 2ndary sphere. Covert Ops is interesting, but a money sink...
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I've joined an alliance. My income at the moment is something like 20k profit each month. Hooray for lack of competition! I have expanded into tech, upped my research budget to 5k a month and have several high-tech and research buildings under construction. Hopefully this doesn't end up as a money sink, but so far I have only started building on the two larger population planets.

Comment

Ah, lack of competition. I wish.
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I spoke too soon. The only large-pop wealthy planet within my operational area just got a new psi-house. Sucky.

Comment

Move your headquarters. My house would be dead in the water if I'd not done that.

Comment

I'm probably going to do that as soon as possible as well. I did some math and by relocating closer to the core as far as I can without leaving any of my current facilities out of range, I could almost double the amount of planets I have access to. I'd be closer to you lot, the planet I have my sights set on is poverty-stricken so building a fort there will be affordable, and I'd leave only a few worthless planets out of my operational range. Also, since I'm on the edge, I am actually using only four squares of my range in the south, so I'd be optimizing my use of range as well.

Comment

To illustrate:

The magenta lines in the above diagram are just to figure out what would be a good spot for the new HQ. In the lower, the red square is the new HQ location, the red spots are planets where I have facilities on, the green square is my current HQ. I'm going to do this before I open my second sphere, since there's probably more opportunities for a sphere in the new area. My current range is mostly low-pop airless planets with a few good mineral resources.

Is a small fortress enough for a HQ?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Kassiopeia; September 27, 2007, 11:05.

Comment

A guard post is enough. Nice map BTW.

Comment

w00t I'm a major house now
                            Probably by the time I hit 500 status they'll have patched in exploration and I can open that as my sixth sphere
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

My status dropped back to 12 after I had to dismantle a few facilities as the deposit ran out. I hope the two new facilities will pump it back up to 13 once they finish in 25ish days.

The bonuses you get on your HQ world with an average administrator who has been on the job for 7 months are impressive, a mining complex only costs $1500. Too bad my current homeworld is terrible.

Comment

You could move your home world
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X